Irish Subaru Drivers Club Forum - Powered by vBulletin

#

Thread: Finally purchased

Sunday Drivers
    Thanks
    Rides

Smile Finally purchased

finally purchased and got a Subaru Impreza wrx sti type uk widetrack with ppp
    So lots of questions to come Iím in the process of getting it the way I want for now and have intentions for it over the winter and be exactly the way I want for next summer,1 issue I have is there seems to be an additional immobiliser with a key code in the fuse box drawer to right of steering wheel,havenít touched it as I donít want immobilise car,mileage is 128000miles great history and only 1 owner itís sitting a little high so what kind of springs would yee recommend or coil overs just on the coil overs nothing too hard please.ebay is very good I know but where do people buy there parts lip kits etc.......

Thanks
    Thanked 1,546 Times in 971 Posts
    Rides
    Hey there.

Hope the car treats you well. You can get lip kits from places like HT Autos. Parts from Scooby world or RallySportDirect. Have some springs and struts here if needed. Shameless plug I know.

I have the same immobilize pad, codes and how to reset and put your own code in should be in a book in your glovebox. If you want coilovers, Iíd recommend Meister Rís. Can set to hard or extreme soft.

Sunday Drivers
    Thanks
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheriff View Post
    Hey there.

Hope the car treats you well. You can get lip kits from places like HT Autos. Parts from Scooby world or RallySportDirect. Have some springs and struts here if needed. Shameless plug I know.

I have the same immobilize pad, codes and how to reset and put your own code in should be in a book in your glovebox. If you want coilovers, Iíd recommend Meister Rís. Can set to hard or extreme soft.
    Sound out I will be onto you and is that immobiliser pad in them all or a ppp extra or factory standard and will be looking for strut braces and springs so if you can tell me what you have and Iíll let u know cheers for ur time

Thanks
    Thanked 1,280 Times in 763 Posts
    Rides
    Howís it going I have key pad in mine a Iím ppp blob Gordon posted a link on how to rest it a few weeks ago Iíll see can I find link and put it up best of luck with car.

Ps I have bc adjustable coilovers they are a firm ride but I am used to them now and like the way they handle but I do need to get car raised a bit or a lot of lads go with kyb shocks and ebach lowering springs throw up a few pics

Thanks
    Thanked 3,789 Times in 2,644 Posts
    Rides
    Congrats. Post up a few pics. And just don't tell me its a black we have enough of those in the club

Thanks
    Thanked 1,546 Times in 971 Posts
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Sound out I will be onto you and is that immobiliser pad in them all or a ppp extra or factory standard and will be looking for strut braces and springs so if you can tell me what you have and Iíll let u know cheers for ur time
    Iíll PM you this afternoon.

Member Number 2766
    ISDC Club Treasurer
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,582 Times in 1,630 Posts
    Rides
    Welcome along best of luck with it Stick up a few photos when you get a Chance . Very helpful bunce around here so any questions just ask
    colin, richard, bertie, frank, gone but not forgotten.

Peter marks account Reopened in Style!!!

Sunday Drivers
    Thanks
    Rides

Ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by dontommy View Post
    Congrats. Post up a few pics. And just don't tell me its a black we have enough of those in the club
    Itís silver and will do Iím vrting it 2nd July so fingers crossed not more than Ä3500 😬

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Rob For This Useful Post:

dontommy (21-06-2018)

Sunday Drivers
    Thanks
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary sti View Post
    Howís it going I have key pad in mine a Iím ppp blob Gordon posted a link on how to rest it a few weeks ago Iíll see can I find link and put it up best of luck with car.

Ps I have bc adjustable coilovers they are a firm ride but I am used to them now and like the way they handle but I do need to get car raised a bit or a lot of lads go with kyb shocks and ebach lowering springs throw up a few pics
    That link would be great please and thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 1,280 Times in 763 Posts
    Rides
    That link would be great please and thanks
    Here you go
    https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-...e-head-up.html

Thanks
    Rides

Cool

Welcome to the club and congrats on the new car!

Re parts: I personally have used Ebay a lot and Matt Baker off Scoobynet always has cars being broken for parts and is reasonable with shipping. Also, check the forums here and post what you are looking for as a lot of people have bits they might want to sell on that's just in the garage.

Re suspension:
    1. Kyb SR with Eibach springs and replace all worn out rubber bits. It will handle a lot better and be comfortable. It won't drop the ride height to the extent of having that flushed look but expect a 30mm drop all around with the fronts still looking a bit higher than rears as thats how they are set up
    2. Coilvovers - Much more versatile and the technology has moved ahead significantly such that you can get sets that are compliant to our crappy roads and still with the twist of the dials, harden it up for some back road bashing or when on track. I am running Meister R Zeta CRD+ on the wagon and have driven from Dublin to London on them with a family of 2 kids. It also handles really well when hooning or on track.
    3. Do consider thicker front and rear anti roll bars with new drop links. They make a significant improvement too and adds to the enjoyment

And yea, post some pictures of the car

Sunday Drivers
    Thanks
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by hassen27 View Post
    Welcome to the club and congrats on the new car!

Re parts: I personally have used Ebay a lot and Matt Baker off Scoobynet always has cars being broken for parts and is reasonable with shipping. Also, check the forums here and post what you are looking for as a lot of people have bits they might want to sell on that's just in the garage.

Re suspension:
    1. Kyb SR with Eibach springs and replace all worn out rubber bits. It will handle a lot better and be comfortable. It won't drop the ride height to the extent of having that flushed look but expect a 30mm drop all around with the fronts still looking a bit higher than rears as thats how they are set up
    2. Coilvovers - Much more versatile and the technology has moved ahead significantly such that you can get sets that are compliant to our crappy roads and still with the twist of the dials, harden it up for some back road bashing or when on track. I am running Meister R Zeta CRD+ on the wagon and have driven from Dublin to London on them with a family of 2 kids. It also handles really well when hooning or on track.
    3. Do consider thicker front and rear anti roll bars with new drop links. They make a significant improvement too and adds to the enjoyment

And yea, post some pictures of the car
    Very helpful thanks a million and will post pics when figure out how to 🙈

Full ISDC Club Member
    Thanks
    Rides
    finally purchased and got a Subaru Impreza wrx sti type uk widetrack with ppp
    So lots of questions to come Iím in the process of getting it the way I want for now and have intentions for it over the winter and be exactly the way I want for next summer,1 issue I have is there seems to be an additional immobiliser with a key code in the fuse box drawer to right of steering wheel,havenít touched it as I donít want immobilise car,mileage is 128000miles great history and only 1 owner itís sitting a little high so what kind of springs would yee recommend or coil overs just on the coil overs nothing too hard please.ebay is very good I know but where do people buy there parts lip kits etc.......
    Congrats on the purchase, good luck with it

Full ISDC Club Member
    Thanks
    Rides
    Itís silver and will do Iím vrting it 2nd July so fingers crossed not more than Ä3500 😬
    Whatís the calculator showing?

Sunday Drivers
    Thanks
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboPaul View Post
    Whatís the calculator showing?
    Iíll know 100% after vrt but got extremely lucky spotted it an auction where I know it shud not have been took a chance and paid off 👍🏻Hoping to be just under Ä10000 on the road

Full ISDC Club Member
    Thanks
    Rides

Iíll know 100% after vrt but got extremely lucky spotted it an auction where I know it shud not have been took a chance and paid off 👍🏻Hoping to be just under Ä10000 on the road
    Sounds like you got a great deal.👍