Newage Rev-Hang On Gear Change

GavinVTEC

My newage WRX revs when changing gear, maybe by 200/300rpm...I've tried find a solution online but no joy. I've read that it is normal on newage imprezas and a few have said it only stopped when they got the car mapped, that it is ecu related. I've cleaned maf sensor, throttle body and also checked the tension of the throttle cable. Anyone any input or experience with this?

My newage WRX revs when changing gear, maybe by 200/300rpm...I've tried find a solution online but no joy. I've read that it is normal on newage imprezas and a few have said it only stopped when they got the car mapped, that it is ecu related. I've cleaned maf sensor, throttle body and also checked the tension of the throttle cable. Anyone any input or experience with this?

So does yours keep on reving off throttle?

I’ve to keep mine pinned! Minute I lift it drops off.. need to feather it..

So does yours keep on reving off throttle?

I’ve to keep mine pinned! Minute I lift it drops off.. need to feather it..

It drops just delayed, its like you're late coming off the throttle when you clutch. Outside it sounds like you don't know how to drive :hammerhead:

What year scooby you got? Afaik scoobys with mechanical throttle body didnt do it, it only started with electronic throttle, which is regulated by ECU - afaik from 05 onwards, but not sure about that. If you got electronic throttle, then only way to get rid of revhang is to get it mapped away

a small air leak, wonky dump valve or a sticky idle valve can cause it as well - whats the car and what mods are on it?

It’s a 2.0 jdm hawk so it’s a throttle cable no reason it should be holding revs . It’s not the clutch slipping is it ?

2005 UK Blob Ej205, fully decatted, k&n CAI, exedy clutch, forge bov. Its done it since I've had it and I've done the heads a few weeks ago with new gaskets on nearly everything. It seems to be an issue with some of the american lads too. One guy said jdm ecus didnt do it but usdm did. Also saw another guy in uk saying his done it until andrew carr mapped it....beats me....

Happens mine too, 2003 UK WRX. Usually most noticeable when going from 1st to 2nd to 3rd gear. Even without changing gear, if im accelerating, and I don't engage the clutch but take the foot off the accelerator, the revs will stay put for like half a second before they start to drop. You'd even feel it in the momentum of the car.
I read somewhere it's to avoid high emmissions or something in between shifts, crank pressure ... something something lol... or something along those lines haha

Nice easy driving and I wouldn't get it at all, but yeah, a PITA being honest...

Back