Stolen spare wheel

TurboPaul

So the family wagon Kia sorrento was dropped in for a service.

Got a call from the garage to say the spare wheel and holder had been stolen, fookers cut the cable, apparently common enough and probably happened when the car was at the airport a few months back

Never would have even crossed my mind it was done. You learn something new everyday and costly in this case

Sorry to hear that Paul airport long term car parks a nightmare for bits taken off cars I used to park there every day and shuttle bus man said it’s common enough unfortunately said a lot of vans cars robbed of contents I have a new transit and only a cable to secure spare it can be cut very quick wheel gone

Yeah it’s common for the last few years.

The last dealer I worked we fitted special lock nuts to the spare under particular vans during pdi.

Had a few that went missing during the night!

Also had a similar issue of 3 wheels being removed from cars on the forecourt... car dropped on its 3 discs...

Easier than break in and grab the lock nut and spare and just 3 wheels off the car!!

Last car I Remember being robbed cost over 6k to fix.

4 wheels/tyres.
Leather seats.
Glass.
Parcel shelf.
Many trims.. etc etc.

Is there any way to fix one on transit was thinking of putting a threaded bar up into floor and weld a nut onto end of bar that stays on out side ideas welcome

My one was nicked off my Land Rover discovery here they cut the holder and steel wire that plus the wheel up into place clean off it
Land Rover said they are robbing them and selling them then as sets

Is there any way to fix one on transit was thinking of putting a threaded bar up into floor and weld a nut onto end of bar that stays on out side ideas welcome

Not being a smart arse Gary!

Best to secure it inside the back of the van.

Drill a hole in the front corner of the van, treat/seal the floor when
Done.

Bolt it to the floor with threaded bar and washers.

Use a spinny Audi lock nut to secure it to the floor.

ba*tard to remove!!

250 for all replacement parts nd spare wheel from a breakers..
It's a shame this is happening .I work in airport and have to back my little vam up to a light pole to make it a bit difficult to get into and we even have a security lad on 24 hrs .

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
spare wheel kit fitted today by Lads near where I work €300 for parts, delivery from Galway and fitting, Kia main dealer wanted €1100!

Celtic tiger must be back if they can get away,charging that..or they’re thieving..

Bought a service pack when getting car. Won’t be buying one of them again, seems cheap until you relive they don’t even change the oil every time and seems to be just so they can suck you in

Last edited:
Back