Donegal International 18

blacktar

Club Chairman
Staff member
ISDC Club Member
Nearly There.....
0b81dff8f14bb9300c74d8218347428f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Looks like Declan Boyle is going to have a new generation WRC for it!

Really looking forward to it now, heading up on Monday afternoon for a long few days recce lets hope this weather holds.
Out in the this black blob with an American guy.

Attachments

• carlow18.jpg
    carlow18.jpg
    693.6 KB · Views: 147
The American couldn't travel so all going well this will be the taxi for the weekend instead, another black blob of sorts!
Ex-Solberg / Nesbitt S9 WRC. Was in a S5 years ago so looking forward to this.

Attachments

• stuart-biggarstaff-solo-rally-car.JPG
    stuart-biggarstaff-solo-rally-car.JPG
    91.3 KB · Views: 123
Nice one , best of luck.

Not many Classics entered this year. Andy Davies, Andy Heekin and myself. A big Thank You to the many members of this Forum who have given me info or bargain prices for bits. We only got in as a Reserve at number 166 - running around 109. Updates on FB

:clap:Good man Alan that was me on the motor way in Naas the other morning :thumbsup: best of luck over the weekend :subaruimprezaSTIico

:clap:Good man Alan that was me on the motor way in Naas the other morning :thumbsup: best of luck over the weekend :subaruimprezaSTIico

Well Joe,
It’s a full 5 hours from Kilkenny to Letterkenny with a transporter! All going well. We’re second in Class 20 and lying somewhere in the 60’s. We lost about 20 seconds on the last stage due to stage stoppage. An EVO decided there were too many telegraph poles at the end of Letterleague.
It is unreal just what a Classic Impreza can achieve. Biggest difference from last year is down to Aonghus Power. I’ve 260 brake which is only OK for a Series 1 engine. It’s the torque - the pulling out of junctions is hilarious.
Bring on tomorrow!

Going well Alan, red classic?, think you just got away on knockalla this morning before the horse.
00ce10b3516cd0fee79c4591d613db12.jpg
b35bccca9d8fa932eed98279d99276de.jpg

3 in a row for manus Kelly. After a weekend that took a lot of casualties
d8ffdbde79d8f2aff85770a6abc36972.jpg

gutted for you alan - you were so close !!
cant imagine how sick you must be

Surprisingly not sick at all Stephen. The car ran faultlessly for 2 days. We were matching and beating EVO 9 times on Friday and Saturday. The 2019 Donegal To Do list was done tonight. Anyone have any of the following available?
Both left hand doors
LH facelift headlight
RH alloy wishbone
EJ20 head gasket set?
2 pin alternator
We can lighten the car by another 30 kgs and still comply with Class 20 minimum weight.

fair play id be sick !
i have a pair of late crystal replica headlights you can have them
only ****ed a rear door in the skip last week!

Donegal. Where do i start?! What a "feckin unbelievable" weekend and what a challenging event. From two long days or recce last Wednesday and Thursday to an incredibly slippy Friday, really fast Saturday and then the unfortunate retirement Sunday!
It really is a marathon event and what Manus and Donall have done is nothing short of unbelievable and with not a scratch on the car too!
We had a mixed event but showed good pace Saturday. I had forgotten just what a machine these WRC's are!
Our target was to be beating PJ McDermots S12B which we did and some of the middle field R5's such as Pauric Duffy which we did on some stages, even coming close to Rob Duggen and beating Eugene Donnelly on a stage. Not bad for a 15 year old WRC with no upgrades bar S12 Reigers.
Got caught out on slicks on Fanad Sunday morning and had a fairly heavy slap. Still fair stiff today but if thats all we have then we are lucky. Damage on the car looks worse than it is and the Biggerstaffs are commercial body repairers so wont be a bother to them.
There was an awful lot of damage done over the weekend in general!
Thanks for the pic Adrian.

Youtube clip of crash - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07M7ECvGA4g

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    530.2 KB · Views: 63
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    197.1 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Donegal. Where do i start?! What a "feckin unbelievable" weekend and what a challenging event. From two long days or recce last Wednesday and Thursday to an incredibly slippy Friday, really fast Saturday and then the unfortunate retirement Sunday!
It really is a marathon event and what Manus and Donall have done is nothing short of unbelievable and with not a scratch on the car too!
We had a mixed event but showed good pace Saturday. I had forgotten just what a machine these WRC's are!
Our target was to be beating PJ McDermots S12B which we did and some of the middle field R5's such as Pauric Duffy which we did on some stages, even coming close to Rob Duggen and beating Eugene Donnelly on a stage. Not bad for a 15 year old WRC with no upgrades bar S12 Reigers.
Got caught out on slicks on Fanad Sunday morning and had a fairly heavy slap. Still fair stiff today but if thats all we have then we are lucky. Damage on the car looks worse than it is and the Biggerstaffs are commercial body repairers so wont be a bother to them.
There was an awful lot of damage done over the weekend in general!
Thanks for the pic Adrian.

Youtube clip of crash - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07M7ECvGA4g
Looked like ye were flying James seen your crash was a heavy hit,unlucky man

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

if its 1 thing i hate about rallys its doing recce
hate it - 2 days of recce is torture and takes alot of out you before you even start

did you rent that impreza or what?
where can you rent a competitive high spec machine ?

fair play id be sick !
i have a pair of late crystal replica headlights you can have them
only ****ed a rear door in the skip last week!

Thanks Stephen,
I’ll gladly take the light off you. Ian sorted me for the 2 doors. I’ll phone you before I leave

Back