Chances of passing NCT with decat downpipe

Fozzy

Petrolheads
Hi guys, my downpipe appears ‘proper****ed’ and I failed the nct on lambda due to air getting into the exhaust. All other readings were super low - I have a decat Hayward & Scott one I was planning on fitting after the test but was thinking of chancing the retest with it - has anyone tried it or what do you think my chances are ?

As graham has said Not a hope with a decat . I have a cat downpipe here you can borrow should be the same but not well up on foresters :thumbsup:

As graham has said Not a hope with a decat . I have a cat downpipe here you can borrow should be the same but not well up on foresters :thumbsup:

That would be awesome man - might drop out to you over the weekend if that suits, I’ll bring the decat with me to measure up? Maybe shoot me a PM with your number and I’ll drop you a text? Cheers again

As said not a hope passing emissions , they struggle even with proper cats fitted.

My STi does be on the emissions test for a good 10 mins trying to pass it.

I went once with full decat knowing that l will fail as l couldn't organize cat in time. And god bless the fellow in the nct center he rev my car for solid 10mins trying to get a good reading but it wasn't ment to be. :icon_biggrin:

Cheers folks - that’s a resounding ‘NO!’ Thankfully Scoobysub has come to the rescue! It’ll hopefully have a cat on for the NCT, that said I’m really curious so I think I’ll drop up to a friend with an emissions reader once the decat is on just for the curiosity

Back