99 WRX import remap

flat4hore

Hey folks,

Ok so I recently purchased a clean 99 WRX as a weekend toy, it has forged engine with a VF29 turbo, standard exhaust and ecu

There was a full decat on the car with equal length manifold but it was way too loud for my liking so the original standard exhaust is back on. As the car sits now what are my options for remapping? And what cost can I expect?

The check engine light comes on under hard acceleration but goes off again after a few mins...

Any info would be great.

Get onto Aunghus Power in Galway to remap your car. Will spend the whole day on it. Prob looking at around 400 - 500 euro if he can may the standard ECU.

Your check engine light might be a knock sensor
But it could be several things
just be careful its not a failing MAF
Check for fault codes via the connectors below the dash
you can see how to do that here
I dont think Aounghus does the classic stock ecu
I dont think the v5/v6 ecu can be remapped via open source so You would need a ECUTEK remap afaik
Ask Dave in RSR Automotive I think he does them
Has the car been remapped already ?

Your check engine light might be a knock sensor
But it could be several things
just be careful its not a failing MAF
Check for fault codes via the connectors below the dash
you can see how to do that here
I dont think Aounghus does the classic stock ecu
I dont think the v5/v6 ecu can be remapped via open source so You would need a ECUTEK remap afaik
Ask Dave in RSR Automotive I think he does them
Has the car been remapped already ?

As far as I know the car hasn't been mapped, was just worried because the exhaust is standard that it be a fecker to map etc...

standard exhaust is no issue for mapping, just means you won't get as much gains from it - you'll already be losing out because of 95 fuel so the normal way to go is fuel pump, panel filter, exhaust and remap to suit.

for remapping you can go with ECUTek or ECULabs options, I prefer ECUTek if your not planning to do much to the car and ECULabs if your planning to add more bits later or you fancy a bit of the old antilag action (though you'll not be hearing much on the standard exhaust to be fair).

I'm not too sure colm but fairly sure it can be done I remember someone telling me before that there's more options than just ecutek, aonghus possibly can do it but again I could be wrong on both

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I would drive it real easy untill you get it mapped. Engine light likely picking up detonation so if I was you id get it mapped for 95 ron asap .. aonghus will do a mighty job if you have a mapable ecu

I would drive it real easy untill you get it mapped. Engine light likely picking up detonation so if I was you id get it mapped for 95 ron asap .. aonghus will do a mighty job if you have a mapable ecu

Would stock injectors be ok or will I upgrade to yellow?I have 4 yellow from few years back sittin in a box...also is a sport cat worth getting? I have a silent hi power exhaust sittin in a box also but want to look into sport cats etc

Would stock injectors be ok or will I upgrade to yellow?I have 4 yellow from few years back sittin in a box...also is a sport cat worth getting? I have a silent hi power exhaust sittin in a box also but want to look into sport cats etc
Afaik it should have 440 injectors already

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

should be grand on the 440's you have unless your looking at a bigger turbo. As far as I know there's no opensource option for v5/v6 has to be ECUTek or ECULabs if you want to use the standard ECU. Apexi still a solid option for them as well if you can find one second hand for decent money.

should be grand on the 440's you have unless your looking at a bigger turbo. As far as I know there's no opensource option for v5/v6 has to be ECUTek or ECULabs if you want to use the standard ECU. Apexi still a solid option for them as well if you can find one second hand for decent money.
Well for now I just want it mapped for what's on it...I have ordered a hks silent hi power cat back and I'm in two minds about a sports cat...I have a walboro pump and panel filter ready to go on...the turbo is a VF29 also... it runs a little rough on idle also

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

the rough idle is probably related to the engine light flashing at you so get that checked out first, no point trying to dial the car in with the laptop if there are faults lurking as it will only cause problems later.

the rough idle is probably related to the engine light flashing at you so get that checked out first, no point trying to dial the car in with the laptop if there are faults lurking as it will only cause problems later.
Will the fault be readable if the light is off? It only comes on if you start boosting..I drove it to nct centre yesterday and it passed no problems..engine light hasn't come on in a few days now

Will the fault be readable if the light is off? It only comes on if you start boosting..I drove it to nct centre yesterday and it passed no problems..engine light hasn't come on in a few days now

I’d imagine its your knock sensor that’s causing the light, sensing detonation under boost. If you add some octane booster until you get it mapped it should help out a bit with knock - that said, I’d be taking it fairly handy until I got it mapped.

I’d imagine its your knock sensor that’s causing the light, sensing detonation under boost. If you add some octane booster until you get it mapped it should help out a bit with knock - that said, I’d be taking it fairly handy until I got it mapped.
Yep i hardly take it past 3k rpm just waiting for a price from Robbie (TDP) for a price on remap...il get it in asap

Rolling Road

Have been looking for someone to map my 2004 Legacy Spec B Gt for 95RON and Aunghus's name seems to keep appearing. Does he have a dyno for maps or does he work on the road? Thanks in advance

Have been looking for someone to map my 2004 Legacy Spec B Gt for 95RON and Aunghus's name seems to keep appearing. Does he have a dyno for maps or does he work on the road? Thanks in advance

Has a dyno, then brings you for a spin on the road to make sure all is good

Back