Circle K 97 unleaded 97 Ron Fuel

yea it looks that way alright. If they dont sell 97 octane fuel in ROI then they shouldn't have it listed on an ROI website

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

small minority will want the 97 ron fuel (only us sport car people) so that pretty much put the nail in the coffin for 97ron here :(

normal people wont pay over the odds for "cleaner" petrol

Most Prestige high end petrol cars would
problem is these days most are diesel so not as popular as few years back

at most 10 - 15% of the market will pay extra for 97ron fuel... not gona happen from a business point of view I would think

Just noticed it has been taken down from their website. Now just the miles plus 95.

oops maybe not clicked the miles plus tab. It's still under the miles tab

Last edited:
True. But why bring out miles plus then which costs more and is basically the same as miles but with a bit more additives.

We live in hope.

small minority will want the 97 ron fuel (only us sport car people) so that pretty much put the nail in the coffin for 97ron here :(

normal people wont pay over the odds for "cleaner" petrol

As my own little test with miles plus 3 full tanks car ran a bit smoother kind of stopped noticing it until filled it again on Saturday coming home from Wexford with ordinary 95 stuff burnt off the rest of that tank last night and filled again yesterday evening seems a bit smoother again after a few miles so verdict still out or could all be in my head but if someone else tried it. I know John ra said he noticed it in his car only works out about an extra €2.70 per fill over other

Right back to work so I can buy more petrol

Im mapping my car next month so ive fingers toes everything crossed that they release 97ron as ill map for 97ron + NF octane

I’ve used only miles plus since it came out in Topaz. 15-20 tanks at least.
Bit smoother is all I’ve noticed.

Car mapped for Topaz 95.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if the miles plus will see some benefit from mapping it directly for it?

I sure will put Miles plus in before the dyno day, but I have nothing to compare it with, so I dont think I will see anything useful

I had it in the car for the last rolling road day + Nf.

First time in stone Motorsport last year but results pretty much the same as last few rolling roads and mapping sessions.

Did you see any difference from before you used it?

You won’t see any noticeable gains in power from higher RON fuel - in fact, in N/A engines you’ll often see a decrease. The higher RON means that it needs a higher temperature and compression to ignite so it is much more resistant to pre-ignition and therefore more stable for turbo applications. Your engine will be much more resistant to detonation with it but not necessarily more powerful. It can be mapped safely for more power due to being more stable but the extra power doesn’t come from the fuel itself

You won’t see any noticeable gains in power from higher RON fuel - in fact, in N/A engines you’ll often see a decrease. The higher RON means that it needs a higher temperature and compression to ignite so it is much more resistant to pre-ignition and therefore more stable for turbo applications. Your engine will be much more resistant to detonation with it but not necessarily more powerful. It can be mapped safely for more power due to being more stable but the extra power doesn’t come from the fuel itself

Depends if the mapper has advanced the ignition timing to make use of the higher rating .
Some more clever ecu’s can advance the timing to make use of it so you will see an increase there

Depends if the mapper has advanced the ignition timing to make use of the higher rating .
Some more clever ecu’s can advance the timing to make use of it so you will see an increase there

Yep, it’s capable of delivering higher power more safely but as mentioned, needs to be mapped for power - many think just running higher RON fuel automatically gives more power. Wasn’t aware of the ECU led advanced timing though - technology rocks!!

Would be brilliant if 97 Ron was available.

In the meantime, the power that you're looking for is in Meth... Water Methanol Injection system [emoji39]

Subaru Impreza Wrx SL Wagon 2004
#hmblwgn
www.instagram.com/hhphoto7

Yep, it’s capable of delivering higher power more safely but as mentioned, needs to be mapped for power - many think just running higher RON fuel automatically gives more power. Wasn’t aware of the ECU led advanced timing though - technology rocks!!

That’s what knock sensors are for , modern ecu’s will advance until the knock threshold is reached then retard as needed to protect the engine , more power , more fuel efficient.

Yea, I am aware of that. Brz should run on 98 and what I have seen on dyno results, if it runs on 95 the power output is lower(5-10hp consistently) so I will for sure see gains on my car if I can start pumping what I was supposed to pump from beginning.

Back