Another petrol rising thread

Scare mongering I’d say because a barrel of oil was over a hundred dollars a barrel a couple of years ago still didn’t make much dearer than it is now

I was talking to a mate of mine who works in Texaco and he said his boss already put up the prices :ponder2:

They put out these stories to 'condition' us for price hikes. prepare us for huge increase in price- then increase price slightly knowing we won't complain because not as bad as initially stated. It's all a cartell.

Now where is my tinfoil hat.

Just crept to above the 1.40 mark here. Few years back it was 1.50 or that way, and people lost there life lol
It won't be seen as bad until it gets worse than that again I'd say. Filled the tank yesterday for €71.79. Rough ????

They put out these stories to 'condition' us for price hikes. prepare us for huge increase in price- then increase price slightly knowing we won't complain because not as bad as initially stated. It's all a cartell.

Now where is my tinfoil hat.

Its in the post Pedro :roll:

Your bang on the money too :thumbsup:

Most town's ring around and they all keep similar increase. Sligo town filling station definitely ring each other and decide price known fact.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Drastic cut in production I. Venezuela plus OPEC agreement holding and rising tensions with Syria are pushing futures up, the appreciating dollar adds further to increases. A barrel of Brent Crude hit 80 dollars this morning, global demand is relatively strong also.

That said, US shale production is increasing and it’s likely that OPEC will increase production in order to limit the profitability of shale so we’re likely to see prices drift back down to 70 dollars later in the year. Bear in mind that the price of crude only accounts for a small portion of pump fuel - vast majority is refinement and transport costs and of course vat and excise. Costs on that side are increasing so I think that mid €1.30’s per liter will be the new normal for a while to come

Back