Various stuff out there in internet land some good some bad

Some say will need map tweek some say won't ect

Basically have one here and wondering what's the general experiences from lads

Cheers
71c3bac8d03b1da612cfce919de4f7ec.jpg
63b082642acd7e0279834578dc91cc7e.jpg
4f7c7e8813eef2c0fa142dd6b80c746e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

That's just pure filth! Drool! Love how even the box is so nicely sorted.

I think the blanket will improve things a bit. How much, that I am not sure but it can't hurt the performance :)

Can't see why it would need a tweek map Ciaran.

It's only a heat shield at the end of the day like the standard one.

I'm going for one soon on my track car, if your not going to use it give me a buzz

Probually the only bad point is it won't let the heat of the turbo itself get dispersed, but will keep the temps in the engine bay down a tad.

I have one on my car. There are two areas that you gain

1. The heat coming of the turbine housing as you know is a lot. By adding the blanket you are keeping a lot of that heat away from parts like intercooler and rubber pipes. The compressor housing I found stays cooler. My big issue was intercooler. I run the top mount and found that the IC would get hot on the turbo side when parked off. With the blanket it has taken away a lot of that heat, not all but a massive difference.

2. By holding the heat it helps with turbo spool, so keeping the turbine hot and not letting the heat escape is a good thing. More heat more energy.

You diffidently do not need to map the car. My advise if you have it use it. However its not the easiest thing to fit.

Might look into getting one of these myself. Car is missing the turbo heat shield since I got it, would brands play a big part here?

Might look into getting one of these myself. Car is missing the turbo heat shield since I got it, would brands play a big part here?

Cheaper options available and do make a difference. Pain to install. :icon_grin:

I'd imagine so, bit of a tight spot lol

Yeah I seen there was few cheap things alright..but wouldn't imagine they'd hold up too long. But on the other hand, a blanket is a blanket like... perrin or the likes..they all the same really id imagine

Back