Big brake kit arrived for my DC5

chris139ryan

Octane Boostaholics
I always felt that the brakes on my DC5 were a bit of a weak spot even with new discs, pads and fluids. They were grand but wasn't 100% confident in them. Further inspection of the oem brakes showed that the bleed nipple was leaking fluid and the pistons and seals were extremely worn and rusted. Instead of getting the callipers rebuilt and having to replace the costly oem discs I opted for a big brake bit.

I started doing research into yellowspeed, ksport (had these before but replacement parts are pricey), AP and stoptech. The last 2 were a significant wedge of cash.

I decided to see could I get the best brakes I have ever experienced (Renault Megane RS250) custom made for my car. Had a look at the replacement costs for discs and pads. Roughly half the price of the DC5 replacements for what I wanted.

I got in touch with Freakyparts in the UK who do alot of custom kits for race teams and track cars. From the start Stewart talked me through every step, answered every stupid question (I'm sure there was endless amounts). After a lengthy discussion I finally pulled the trigger.

Renault Megane MK3 RS250 Brembo Calipers
Grooved 330x28mm discs
Carbon Lorraine RC5+ pads
Hel braided lines
ATE Type 200 race fluid
Custom mounts and brackets
Oem brembo pins

Below are a few pictures of the kit. I will probably have these fitted in the next 2-3 weeks. These should provide a massive increase in braking force compared to my old set up.

Would love to know how much? Always tempted to go big kit on the celica. PM me if you want....

Nice one. As you know, CL Rc5+ are brill! Can't wait to see what they are like on the Teg

Was there not brembo standard on DC5s? Or were they options even?

Back