Suspension?

Eoinmack

Webmasters
Staff member
ISDC Club Member
Alright lads.
Quick question, been thinkin to sort out that arch gap firstly, as soon as I get a bit more maintenance done..
Question is,
I'm thrown up between Eibach (tried, tested and recommended by loads), Whiteline (offer a bigger drop on the front, think it's 30/25 they do, but haven't seen or heard many reviews on their springs while being highly recommended for ARBs etc) or stock STI springs on the WRX shocks (good drivability etc,,, made by STI after all)

Second question, would STI springs fit WRX shocks and would there be much of a drop?

Alright lads.
Quick question, been thinkin to sort out that arch gap firstly, as soon as I get a bit more maintenance done..
Question is,
I'm thrown up between Eibach (tried, tested and recommended by loads), Whiteline (offer a bigger drop on the front, think it's 30/25 they do, but haven't seen or heard many reviews on their springs while being highly recommended for ARBs etc) or stock STI springs on the WRX shocks (good drivability etc,,, made by STI after all)

Second question, would STI springs fit WRX shocks and would there be much of a drop?
Eibach or Tein are most decent.

Can supply both.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

I do indeed Eanna. As I said to you before tho, I'm still getting the few basics done as of yet.
Diff and gearbox oil next on the list now..
Kinda forgot about those tho being honest lol

Cheers Dave, and if I went for either the Tein or Eibach, do those kits have the same drop all around or is the front a lower drop?
30 front and 25 rear for example?

I'd highly recommend getting shocks too while at it. I had Eibach springs before and they suit the car well. I quickly realised though that my shocks were past their prime at 100k miles and had the whole thing replaced after. Worth doing it right and saving money in the long run.

Very true hassen. Would you say OEM or the likes of KYB?
From my bit of research and others can correct me if I'm wrong, Kyb SR were the shocks used on the STI of the time branded as OEM along with the STI springs. The rates for the Eibach Pro Kit would work well with the Kyb SR and I think a few others on the forums have them.

Mind you, the drop in ride height will not be significant and the front will still be slightly higher than the rear as that's the way the car is. If you want more of a drop, the only option is coilovers.

Yeah that's the thing though, there's no point doing the same drop all around. That was my query on whiteline springs, 30 front & 25 rear, should be level, or close enough with those. If Eibach offered the same set up it would be ideal
Honestly, I don't fancy coilover money on a 120k car lol

Yeah that's the thing though, there's no point doing the same drop all around. That was my query on whiteline springs, 30 front & 25 rear, should be level, or close enough with those. If Eibach offered the same set up it would be ideal
Honestly, I don't fancy coilover money on a 120k car lol
The eibach will be huge drop on wrx shocks. 30mm or so.

Teins same area 30mm

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

I had 04 wrx on kyb ultra sr all round and a eibach spring kit I got from Dave. Here's a pic but if you go in on blog more pics there.
Sittin on 17s. Comfort and nice height, tapatalk_1524779850783.jpegtapatalk_1524779808816.jpegtapatalk_1524779801940.jpegtapatalk_1524779828220.jpegtapatalk_1524779822808.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Attachments

• tapatalk_1524779850783.jpeg
    tapatalk_1524779850783.jpeg
    97.6 KB · Views: 73
  • tapatalk_1524779808816.jpeg
    tapatalk_1524779808816.jpeg
    87 KB · Views: 73
  • tapatalk_1524779801940.jpeg
    tapatalk_1524779801940.jpeg
    78.8 KB · Views: 73
  • tapatalk_1524779828220.jpeg
    tapatalk_1524779828220.jpeg
    86.2 KB · Views: 73
  • tapatalk_1524779822808.jpeg
    tapatalk_1524779822808.jpeg
    83.6 KB · Views: 73
Mine on kyb Ultra Sr and Eibach on 18s[emoji106]
1a41f1e592ba7d7bef9ccba9e7d296d7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Cheers lads, suppose the front wheel gap isn't as noticeable anyway when dropped, Eibach the way forward then you think?
What's the general take on Whiteline?
Lol ill be honest, tis cheap out for the set of 4 haha

I wouldn't do cheap lol
Difference between cheap and unbranded garbage. whiteline are a very reputable company like, that's the only reason I asked in the first place.
Cheap IMO would be "I bought these coilovers for €80" ????????

MTEC discs for example, very cheap when you compare to other performance discs, but still good for the price, with a lot of members here using them too.

If you could buy brembo calipers for €100, that wouldn't be considered "doing things cheaply" but rather "getting a bargain"

Yeah very true. MTEC are a good brand, ran them for a while and they lasted well until I recently upgraded. Bargain hunting is encouraged :D

My point exactly lol
So, I'll rephrase, do you guys think the quality from the Whiteline springs would equal that of a more expensive brand?! Lol
If they are going to be garbage, then obviously out of the question. I think it's coming in around €250 plus delivery for them, with the extra 5mm drop on the front (which is literally the only reason I'm drawn to them lol)
I'll be staying with 17s I'd imagine, so I basically want to minimise the arch gap

I got plenty of Whiteline parts. Not springs but no issues. For a bargain, Eibach Springs on Ebay Germany are about half the price of the Whiteline. Just coz you like getting a deal even more than me [emoji6]

Back