ISDC days gone by

I see this club in a very good place originally joined to learn more about the brand didn’t half expect to see so much going on as a full member I would say last year something once a month to go to good meets drives track day a good mix of all kinds of stuff to go to. made a lot of effort some days to get to them. committee put in a huge amount of there own time to organize days out with pride of seeing cars turn up to events have a bit of banter like last few I went to. Clubs are ever changing places but to see so many return lads is great as most likely bring back good memories of years gone by I hope to have many more myself as have a good few already.
The worst thing now is having someone put down club members efforts from the back round who doesn’t turn up to a single event since I joined anyway that’s just pure ignorance you should have more respect for the club you’re a part of for so long dave aswell as using it for your business I think you need to look at what’s here and make the most of it as that’s what the rest of us are doing. I also seemed to have missed out on all the man hugging at events [emoji853]

Great days out great club which has a lot of respect from other car clubs which can be hard earned at times so let’s try no to loose it with in house shite talk

I see this club in a very good place originally joined to learn more about the brand didn’t half expect to see so much going on as a full member I would say last year something once a month to go to good meets drives track day a good mix of all kinds of stuff to go to. made a lot of effort some days to get to them. committee put in a huge amount of there own time to organize days out with pride of seeing cars turn up to events have a bit of banter like last few I went to. Clubs are ever changing places but to see so many return lads is great as most likely bring back good memories of years gone by I hope to have many more myself as have a good few already.
The worst thing now is having someone put down club members efforts from the back round who doesn’t turn up to a single event since I joined anyway that’s just pure ignorance you should have more respect for the club you’re a part of for so long dave aswell as using it for your business I think you need to look at what’s here and make the most of it as that’s what the rest of us are doing. I also seemed to have missed out on all the man hugging at events [emoji853]

Great days out great club which has a lot of respect from other car clubs which can be hard earned at times so let’s try no to loose it with in house shite talk

In fairness Gary, Dave is entitled to his opinion and what hes says has nothing to do with a lack of respect for others here or the club. He's been a part of this club for 12 years... a lot longer than most current members.. has given lot and has seen it in many different guises.

The fact he isn't happy with how some things are run.. is unfortunate. I feel the same about certain aspects, but due to my own personal reasons, I can't be as involved in the club as much I used to be or it's running. Not all members are in the same situation whereby events can be attended... nor do the all the events appeal to the broader spectrum of members. Family life, work and for other reason make it near impossible for many to attend events any more.

You'll never please all in a club like this... but it's not a bad thing that some people are outspoken or have an opinion that differs greatly. If we didn't, we'd never question anything and possibly never consider change... for better or worse for the club.

Well said.
I have nothing bad to say about this club anyway, I think, as said, it's in a very good place for what's reasonably possible as as nationwide car enthusiast scene.
Emphasis on nationwide, I think the lads are doing a great job in pulling like minded people together from different parts of the country, and to get everyone on a friendly first name basis is an achievement in itself.
I can tell you for sure, there isn't another thing in my life that could introduce me to lads from Dublin, Cork, Galway, Kildare etc.
Everyone should, and will have an opinion, it's not ammunition, it's information to help push the club forward.
Just my 2c ????

In the club since 2013
Come across someone who mentioned isdc and I started looking online what it is. Rob spec C was chairman then and he provided me with a lot info before I joined for first time. Met in person few lads on Terenure (I think it was first isdc terenure?!) chatted to few lads and I was hooked up!
Greatest moments so far: all Wicklow Gap spins that I attended! All agms drives. But best of them all are Barretstown drives!
Well done to all involved and are coming to meets as that’s what keeps club up and running!
Can’t tell anything from before I joined club, but reading all above, seems it was great craick!

Some great storys lads ...
As above the club has changed in so many ways some not to everyone's taste...but hey sure it would be a boring place if we all did the same thing.....the biggest change for me was changing jobs and now very protective over my lience as i need it now ...that and old age have slowed me down .....

as owners clubs go now this is flying
facebook has killed most

ae86irl used to be very very busy with forum action and meets etc
its died a death along with many more

like dave im not into bowling or standing in a car park talking to strangers
but i suppose clubs as members have grown older so do their interests + time + responsibility

i think imprezas have made a big comeback with the economy growing again , great to see so many on here

But they are only strangers the first time you talk to them :icon_grin:

And even first time out talking to them there is a common interest so not so bad :icon_grin:

Ok some replies. On the phone so not as handy as sitting at desk.

Ciaran WRX. 110% Since 2013/14 turnouts have improved. Can see that clearly by lists when events are put up. A combination of lads get through the recession. Social media having huge reach in finding new members etc. So from a turnout point of view. Things in current are on the up/stable.

Tommy555. Yes fully agree. In the last few years have not been to as much events as used to be in past. Just from usual current life and family commitments. And yes would love and plan to get to more meets and enjoy the drives etc again

Tractorman. Pretty sure i didnt use the word "gay". (hopefully i didnt anyway)

GarySTi. Its debate and ideas that makes any club better. As it makes people chat about things. Your coming across as saying that anyone who doesnt follow a certain line is disrespectful. Which is a silly comment. ##Second and the main point of my reply is the comment re "business". I have said. And i have always said. My comments regards the club are spoken as a member. Not a business. I was a member long before a business related. So in your words on top of above are you saying i should keep my views as a member to myself as what? I should fear going out of business etc otherwise??##

JamieV6TypeR. Exactly. Id imagine a lot of members have opinions and ideas. And should be allowed to express them.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

I am not saying your aren’t entitled to your opinion everyone is it’s the manner in which you come across. disrespect to past events and current ones that’s what I ment. you say the old club spins are what’s missing I went on last year
Agm, ring of Kerry, Wicklow drives, track day and plenty of meetings which glad I did as I got to meet some new faces and great cars
I might of called them strangers first time I was invited but like to think of them as new friends now. I would think it would be great to go on an overnight or Scotland trip with club like what you saying as I like nothing more than a good spin seeing different places and having the crack.
Have a look back at your previous post in this thread I thought they started of interesting and good reading and then turned in to put downs that’s what I mean by my comment
As for what I said about business you do have a good client base here as we all own Subaru’s and what I mean is don’t undo hard work by calling the meets gay and hugging events that’s the way it came across
Maybe a suggestion thread would be no harm or bring it up at agm as 2017 lads me included asked for more driving and it happened
I ain’t here to argue or cause sh*t should all be working together to keep what is here going

Tractorman. Pretty sure i didnt use the word "gay". (hopefully i didnt anyway)
"It then went gay and went into meeting for meals. Bowling. And karting"

Yes you did Dave.

I think what Gary has a problem with is the negative slant that was put on the hard work that other lads did to organise meets and events, whicH I agree with.
Instead, maybe a few suggestions from yourself for drives or events.
If the meets weren't great, nobody would turn up, and they would just disolve. Not the case.
Would be great to see you go to and support some of the events, think the last time I saw you was at a isdc trackday with a 300zx? Few years back now.

Last edited:
..but due to my own personal reasons, I can't be as involved in the club as much I used to be or it's running. Not all members are in the same situation whereby events can be attended... nor do the all the events appeal to the broader spectrum of members. Family life, work and for other reason make it near impossible for many to attend events any more..

What Jamie said.

Time and life moves on but the grá for the club is still there. You had a great display at the Runway Club event and I was chatting to Aidan who was there in his Gp A car (I was in an Audi..).

Favourite memory is Japfest 2007 so I'm showing my age! Also the many ISDC trackdays and hope to get back out to one this year, possibly even in a Subaru!!

Well done guys on keeping the club alive through the deepest recession in living memory, it's a credit to you all.

Just realised I'm 11 years a full member in 3 days time. Time flies.

Rally day at Punchestown back in 2004... first time I met the club and had my Type R on display at the club stand

Japfest UK 2009... Bristol tunnels in a 22b with anti-lag... Bristol nightlife with Sweetcakes & 'watch this hand'

Prodrive trip 2013 - Scoobysubs realization that he was sharing a bed with Colm - priceless! And all things Prodrive & RCM

Numerous Wicklow drives... the infamous Honda driver that tail-gated Tommy over the gap

I've loads of pics somewhere of most of these events and more... must dig em out!

And many many more great memories...

Jesus I was part of all of those Jamie except Punchestown. Some great times. Robbie & Pete having a dance off on the boat on the way home from Japfest I think ha.

My first event was in 2002 or 2003 I think. Down in Macspower outside Kildare Town. The owner was the chairman at the time. Bought a magnex cat back for my first classic. I don't think I ever stopped smiling in that car!

Jesus I was part of all of those Jamie except Punchestown. Some great times. Robbie & Pete having a dance off on the boat on the way home from Japfest I think ha.

My first event was in 2002 or 2003 I think. Down in Macspower outside Kildare Town. The owner was the chairman at the time. Bought a magnex cat back for my first classic. I don't think I ever stopped smiling in that car!

That was Paul McLoughlin.

was in Crookstown Kildare.

I bought my Legacy Turbo in 2002/3. (the 95 navy one scoobysub owns now) and would have been down with him. Was actually him who had flyers for the club.

Think this site went live area 2006. The old 555 club was on from about 2004 from memory. Think he had his green one robbed when gang lads entered his house in Clane. Not sure if he had another after that

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Back