ISDC days gone by

Back when the club was the 555 club dave legacy advertise a set of impreza clocks for sale with pictures of the clocks added to the for sale add....some bloke came on saying he would buy them but offered way bellow the asking price ...this back and forward price war went on for hours ....after hours of haggling dave got a pain in his bollo...x and uploaded a video of himself dancing all over the clocks smashing them to bits on the for sale add.....think i pissed in me jocks laughing that night...
It was a hammer.

But the pile left over reduced the price to meet his budget.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Ha Loads Keith,
Scooby shoot out uk,getting pulled by the welsh coppers...,the hotel the night before running outta drink...Donegal charity drive Dave leggy nearly killing a bmw driver(think)for overtaking or something like that,Just all of us getting out for the spin driving and having a blast.
The charity run was lunatic that nearly killed a load of us. I was in a 1991 e34 M5

I wont go into too much detail from there

Remember the run in wicklow one of the lads had cop lights in the front grill ...we all nearly got arrested...everyone pulling over and about 20 subarus fly past
Coppers caught up with us in a pub up the road
WRX IAN i think

Gerry aka clynesy had the lights in the hawk sti remember a convoy to the agm years ago and he went chasing after a English 911 and went down the hard shoulder to get behind him ????

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Overall summary from above

In the early days the club done proper club stuff. "DRIVING"

Proper meets. Events. Driving etc.

It then went gay and went into meeting for meals. Bowling. And karting.

No family BBQ 's which meant all familes of members met up etc

Its what i have said all along and got put aside for.

The best memories clearly be above is when was a normal club.

Not the current "meet & hug" club.

Sick saying this!!

All long term members please reply?

Gerry aka clynesy had the lights in the hawk sti remember a convoy to the agm years ago and he went chasing after a English 911 and went down the hard shoulder to get behind him ????

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Lovely chap.

Army man from memory

Blue Hawk STi

Ah remembering back to the days where there was 150 lads in the club and 20-30 lads turned up for a spin them days are gone Not because the drives are gone or the events are gone , it's because the members are not there to go to the events .

Times have changes and if you tried half of them things now on the roads There would be a differant outcome with most of them .
There have being loads of drives with the club if lads want to stretch there car legs

Ah remembering back to the days where there was 150 lads in the club and 20-30 lads turned up for a spin them days are gone Not because the drives are gone or the events are gone , it's because the members are not there to go to the events .

Times have changes and if you tried half of them things now on the roads There would be a differant outcome with most of them .
There have being loads of drives with the club if lads want to stretch there car legs

Dont agree.

Dont do usual dismissal. Regards members turning up for events. The lists incl even the latest runway has meant they are turning up.

Re "tried half them things" and then followed by "stretch their legs"

What exactly are you refering to?

End of day. You were not there. And you were not even a member of the club. So dont refer to as you were re "remembering back"

Fair enough Dave you dont have to agree [emoji106]
I know. Called opinion.

The Nurburgring trips in my opinion are close as club has got re them types of memories in recent times

Again. Said this before. Less is more.

Make super away trips. 1-2 per year.

And 3-4 driving trips/meets.

Dont dilute.

That creates memories

Think the AGM drive this year Dave was getting back to the drives of old . Good crew of lads having a bit of crack with their cars within reason.
Maybe you'll come next year and experience it :thumbsup:

It's very easy to complain and criticize about stuff been different compared to what it was but what do we do ? Stand still and hope lads keep coming for same events year in year out ?
Maybe come to a few meets and try enjoy the club for what it is ....a hobby ... never know you might even get a hug off someone and like it :Falldownlaugh::thumbsup:

Overall summary from above

In the early days the club done proper club stuff. "DRIVING"

Proper meets. Events. Driving etc.

It then went gay and went into meeting for meals. Bowling. And karting.

No family BBQ 's which meant all familes of members met up etc

Its what i have said all along and got put aside for.

The best memories clearly be above is when was a normal club.

Not the current "meet & hug" club.

Sick saying this!!

All long term members please reply?

It's a club Dave. That means different things to different people. The club has evolved and not all the members have evolved along the way, which is ok too.
No matter what the title says on the meet, iv had great craic and slagging with the lads, and an odd hug thrown in.
Don't forget that years ago the average age of an isdc club member was alot younger. The roads were not half as busy either.
If it's driving you want Dave, wicklow/wexford spins and the trackdays.
Make the effort and go to 1 of the gay meet and greet hug fests.

I would say, even judging back to when I first got on the road, gardai were much more lenient, cause sports/performance cars were everywhere.
I'd say if any of the above was to happen today, consequences would be much worse... ****it I got fined few years back for back wheel being on a double yellow! Things got strict lol

I haven't been to much as an ISDC member, and certainly wasn't a member back then, but even that ring of kerry drive last year. Good crack in fairness, good pace set around the winding roads of the ring, proper spirited driving on the main road heading back there, think it was 9/10 cars turned up.
As mentioned above, the drive to the agm was good (wasn't there, but so I heard)
It's just the numbers aren't there IMO.

Just going to go on a limb here, but has there ever been like an ISDC "main event"? Smack bang in the middle of summer, same day yearly (so people can book off work in advance) and just try get EVERYONE to this one massive meet?
Literally an all day thing...
****it like, even a two day thing, I'm sure people wouldn't mind a few drinks and cards and crash in a hotel (not literally lol)
Up the following morning for a drive? Or drive, then drinks? ????
I'm sure any hotel would give a discount for so many members staying same night too.

Just literally typing as I think here...

Club's on the up and up last few years no doubt

Few years back we couldn't even gather 3 or 4 members for a simple meet and with bit of effort and some good Old school members and new positive guys getting involved regularly see 15 to 20 cars at meets.

Few great drives/events off the top of my head summer 2 Wicklow Drives which were proper spins and saw big attendance with some coming as far as from Mayo to attend [emoji122]...

Also last 2 years meets and cross country drives to AGM were standout and last year's Barretstown events 20 plus cars turning up on the weekend for the kids just brilliant,

2017 Mondello Track day was brilliant with serious ISDC attendance banter and crack.

There's lots more

Clubs never been better and it's all down to the members and people getting involved

Looking back is great but that's the past

Top lads

555 Indeed[emoji108]
1ec518b932f8bd54364830097205f6fe.jpg
2977e46960abe6f0d822111c59593ec0.jpg
37052e30576b4da5e828de7b0415b1e2.jpg
5cf349cf0cbef5c11ec2468ad354903c.jpg
3994f12ce628769b776271cc896a2f61.jpg
af9739bfd812c247a0c7a608761e53d2.jpg
9de838546ff50ac18b7a72aec3d91f9c.jpg
47985e43873c112696bc138a0788e1f7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Just realised I'm 11 years a full member in 3 days time. Time flies.

Rally day at Punchestown back in 2004... first time I met the club and had my Type R on display at the club stand

Japfest UK 2009... Bristol tunnels in a 22b with anti-lag... Bristol nightlife with Sweetcakes & 'watch this hand'

Prodrive trip 2013 - Scoobysubs realization that he was sharing a bed with Colm - priceless! And all things Prodrive & RCM

Numerous Wicklow drives... the infamous Honda driver that tail-gated Tommy over the gap

I've loads of pics somewhere of most of these events and more... must dig em out!

And many many more great memories...

15 years in the club now and have made some great friends over the years, have got amazing memories to relive and feel the club is in a great place right now.

We have come true a tuff recession, were alot of other clubs would have failed and that is due to the great members we have and the amazing work the committee puts in.

Highlights for me would be.

Scooby shootout in I think 2008, seeing Andy forest doing a sub 10 second 1/4 mile.

All the isdc track days which are all great crack

The RCM/prodrive trip to see the gobstopper and Colin's group A car was fantastic.

Terenure is always a great spectical to see the best Scooby's in Ireland.

Nurburgring trip last year was epic.

Keep doing what your doing guys as the members keep coming back which shows lately what a great club it is.

We all have our own opinions on things and I'm the same but it's hard to keep everyone happy.

Great thread Keith!!

ring trips( x 3 ) with club, trackdays , mountain spins have been by far my favourites .

that spin across the alps was a memory .

Back