N.C.T and fuel tanks?

duffmancb

Sunday Drivers
My fuel tank is a little worse for wear with rust and instead of refurbishing it which i don't want to do or buy a replacement i was thinking go for a small fuel cell inside the boot, but i cant find much info on it for passing an NCT.
Anybody here know or knows someone that works in a centre that can shed some light on the issue for me?

Once meets this criteria should not be a problem and you need a modifications report

Attachments

• 1133AECF-7ABB-4E7B-8516-197974850C28.png
    1133AECF-7ABB-4E7B-8516-197974850C28.png
    187.3 KB · Views: 65
98 sti type-r. I'm guessing these reports are one off? Or is it something you have to get every time you go to renew.

Just replace the fuel tank as unless you have a fire wall a fuel cell is not the best idea . Why not replace the fuel tank it's not that much work ?

Its not much work it's already out but i think a fuel cell just looks tidier when a good job is done. I'm just weighing up options

Its a type R. Stick to the originality and fit a replacement tank. Imagine all the explanations you will have to give when the time comes to re-sell

There's not much originality left in it for purists I've owned it for 8 years and won't be ever selling it.

it is trust me if i had of known that prices went the way they are i wouldn't have touched it when i got it and it's a v-limited to make things a little worse for the purists haha

Back