Horn not working. Relay clicking.

hassen27

ISDC Club Member
Hi guys.

My horn stopped working a while back. I have a set of Hella Horns and they work when powered. When fitted to the car, all I can hear is the relay clicking. I checked the fuse and according to the diagram, it should be 15A but there was a 30A one in its place. Swapped to a 15A one and still not working. My next step is to check with a voltmeter if the horns are getting power and ground is ok.

Car is a 2004 blob.

Any other suggestions to troubleshoot the above issue?

Thanks,

Hassen

Check the wiring at the horn with a multi meter to see if you have power when pressed if not could be a bad earth or broken wire between relay and horn

Check the wiring at the horn with a multi meter to see if you have power when pressed if not could be a bad earth or broken wire between relay and horn
Thanks Baz. That was my next step before just bringing it to the local auto electrician.

Also wiring are getting loose at the back of the horns due to the horns vibrating being mounted on a long brackets. Well at least this is what happen to mine before :54:

Also wiring are getting loose at the back of the horns due to the horns vibrating being mounted on a long brackets. Well at least this is what happen to mine before :54:
Checked them and so far solidly attached. Tomorrow will use multi meter to check wiring and report back

So I checked the horns with a multimeter. It is getting power and I thought it might be a bad earth wire. So I redid the whole wire and threw away the other one. Put it back on at the bolt that is on the metal part and thought that it would work. Sadly no luck. Any other suggestions on where I could use for an earth connection or other issues that might be causing the fault?

Fixed it by redoing the wiring harness with a different set of wires as the horns were just not getting enough voltage to engage. All sorted now :)

Hey Hassen if the bracket is wobling give the bracket to me and I'll weld a stifner into it for you glad to hear u got it fixed nothing worse than niggly little things like that

Hey Hassen if the bracket is wobling give the bracket to me and I'll weld a stifner into it for you glad to hear u got it fixed nothing worse than niggly little things like that
Thanks a million for the offer John. The bracket is thankfully ok and I just bolted them to the front frame. It was kinda my own doing as I didn't use the right gauge wire to make the harness. As a result of that, the horns were not getting the correct voltage.

Subaru Impreza Wrx SL Wagon 2004
#hmblwgn
www.instagram.com/hhphoto7

Back