Poxy dust caps

keith dublin

Member Number 161Full ISDC Members 2015
Drove car into work today with plans to spin up to help set up the tent for runway club..
Came back to work to a flat tyre ....the car has little poxy steel prodrive dust caps that have welded themselves onto the valve..soft spair in boot ???? so they had to come off what a poxy job ...please dont use them they are sh*t and have fooked up the valves
20180413_175450.jpg

Attachments

• 20180413_175450.jpg
    20180413_175450.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 96
A tyre company near the Solus Tower in Bray fitted some tyres for me a few years ago and put "steel" caps on my valves.
They look identical to the Prodrive ones in your picture, but without the logo.

... and yes... the F&$%! yokes were welded on solid and cost price of 4 new valves plus fitting.

Useless yoke!

Heave a set myself there is a tiny grub screw on them I struggled aswell with one so got the lot off you can have mine I have 3 left

Heave a set myself there is a tiny grub screw on them I struggled aswell with one so got the lot off you can have mine I have 3 left

Thats the ones gary small grub screws came out ok just couldn't turn the cap

I'd say the rims are destroyed as well Keith,

Near worthless,

How much will ya take for them?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

An old trick with alloy on metal brass to stop reacting bit of light tool grease or Vaseline on treads helps free it up for next time

Whatever happened to weight reduction, personally speaking if I’m using the car every day I’d pop on the plastic covers, if only use the steel ones if I’m taking my car to be displayed in a show/jap fest/etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That way you’d never have the problem of a steel cap rusting and chewing on the valves don’t forget that it’s really wet on the island

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:icon_sad:Had the same issue with mine Keith ****s of yokes they are , I was lucky it happened in decs place after getting the suspension set up and he sorted it removing the tyre and replacing the valve

have heard similar stories , but have also heard a bit of grease prevents this

have still yet to fit my own ones ......... 4 years later the fear

Always use protection when your sticking your valve into a hostile environment tommy.......lesson learned

Back