Clutch Recommendations

bang

ISDC Club Member
I need a new clutch as mine is slipping, I was looking at getting the Exedy Pink Box Stage 1 Organic Clutch Kit from Scooby World.

It states on their website that I will need a new flywheel as well or to have my existing flywheel professionally skimmed.

I would like to know if this is the case or does anybody recommend any other clutch?

Below are the links to the products I'm referring to.

Thanks!

http://scoobyworld.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=3484

http://scoobyworld.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=4642

That's the case. But get the serial number and shop around as the prices vary a lot.
On the other hand if not up-ing the power and want to save few bob blue box is the factory replacement as much as l know :54:

Blue Box for daily driving be my recommendation that's what went in mine recently [emoji108]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Is it blue one in sti version aswell???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stick with standard exedy clutch, nothing worse than a heavy clutch in traffic or as a daily

I Have the Pink in my Wrx.

Hard work in traffic and around the city.
Juddery and jumpy when your trying to go slow or move forward in traffic.
Probably not ideal for a daily.
Give you mussels on your left leg.

Beside the above,
No issues on the open road etc.

Standard blue box exedy clutch be fine , skim the fly wheel , new pinion bearing and rear crank seal are a must :thumbsup:

Ali Burrows sells the anti judder pink box , great job and I skip leg day in the gym every time

I've a stage 1 excedy organic clutch fitted to my type r, got it from some clutch place in galway.( I can find out the name if you want)

He was the cheapest around and good to deal with, next day delivery and had it in stock.

Can't say I noticed any difference to the standard clutch, pedal is light and doesn't judder etc

I had my flywheel skimmed while I was at it.

Not sure as to the above comment about the stage 1 being hard to live with in traffic etc.

Maybe as mentioned there is an anti judder one, which I most have got if that's the case.

Last edited:
Back