EJ207 Co2 emissions for vrt office

kdj1992

Hi lads so trying to get the car vrt'd and I need co emissions spec sheet from the main dealer in order for the vrt office to calculate the vrt. My car is a 2007 JDM sti, I rang the Subaru main dealer in newlands cross and they said they would not be able to help me as the car is a Japanese import, and they have no access to the spec sheet of that car. Has anyone ever vrt'd a JDM hawk? and if so how did you get the co information?. All advise welcome, Cheers.
bfa3410e2194214d0505049738fdcdef.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Far as I know they are all in the highest bracket anyway 225+ g/km you are going to get ***** either way.
The Japanese exporter of the car usually provides that information, did for me anyway

Vrt office seem to have removed a few jap cars from the website including those with gdb vins, it can’t be good

Be interested to hear how you get on. My Hawkeye is going on the boat tomorrow.. god only knows what the Vrt will be when it eventually gets here...

If the CO is not on the tax book it goes to the highest rate. But it doesn't matter as they wont give you a price on the day for that car. Revenue will lotto pick a price and call you in a week or two. Goodluck because I paid silly money to vrt a uk wrx in December.

If the CO is not on the tax book it goes to the highest rate. But it doesn't matter as they wont give you a price on the day for that car. Revenue will lotto pick a price and call you in a week or two. Goodluck because I paid silly money to vrt a uk wrx in December.
Yeah already been down that road it went into the highest rate and paid through the nose for it!! Such bastards going through an appeal process atm but not expecting much man .... They have updated the system and are hitting everyone hard the lady in vrt office said.

Yeah already been down that road it went into the highest rate and paid through the nose for it!! Such bastards going through an appeal process atm but not expecting much man .... They have updated the system and are hitting everyone hard the lady in vrt office said.

Hi kevin

I’m picking my car up tomorrow... Vrt appointment on Friday which I ain’t looking forward to..

paul

Lads,

I'm dreading the thoughts of the registration of my MY99 GC8 WRX STI V5 under the CO2 rules for cars imported after 2008, the seller in Japan was unable to source the C02/NOX at time of manufacturer for the car therefore I was wondering if it is possible to deduce what the emissions value would be for the EJ20 engine based on my old NCT data from a 99 GC8 Turbo 2000 that I owner for a long number of years before corrosion damage forced me to relinquish it

1623315563723.png

One further question, what age is a car before it qualifies for vintage tax and what is that tax rate for a car like an GC8 STI?

Cheers,
Ciaran

I've never been asked for emission certs for the 3 STi's I've VRTd as I assume they just put it in the top bracket. Those ones were all before NOx rating came in too but again assume they just put in top bracket.
Have you had inspection appointment?

Car has to be 30 years old for vintage tax. All GC8s are €720 per year no different than your Turbo 2000.

The charge will be 600 euros for nox which is the max charge .
the vintage tax is 56 euros when the car is 30 year old

I've never been asked for emission certs for the 3 STi's I've VRTd as I assume they just put it in the top bracket. Those ones were all before NOx rating came in too but again assume they just put in top bracket.
Have you had inspection appointment?

Car has to be 30 years old for vintage tax. All GC8s are €720 per year no different than your Turbo 2000.
I hope you are right but my understanding is that any car being imported to the country now will be taxed based on C02. That's 2500 pa until it reaches the magic 30 years vintage qualified. My '99 Turbo 2000 was always 710 annual tax even after the implementation of the July 2008 emissions based tax system, they can't retrospectively tax you. The only concession they made to people was permitting those cars brought into the country between Jan 2008 & July 2008 to be taxed on engine size but after that any newly registered car in the state falls under the emissions based tax system. That's how I read it on the motortax.ie page an dthe folks in the VRT office confirmed it. I am interested to know if there is a VRT office to office variation? I visited Dundalk so if you know where they do it differently I would really grateful to you to know more.

The MY99 STI V5 that I bought is enroute from Japan, it is due to dock in Germany June 18th, I understand there is a cargo transfer to a samller ship that delivers to UK & Dublin Port so I am guessing the car will be in Ireland late June or early July.

Thanks for the insights.

- Ciaran

Your getting confused reading stuff . What your referring to above was for the import of new cars .
your charge will be 600 euros

As the lads said above. You'd only have issues if the car you were importing was never registered in any country.

Not to get bogged down in this but the discussion is particularly important to me right now, I have a MY99 V5 GC8 on a boat in the mid Atlantic steaming its way to Europe so I'll be rolling up to the VRT office sometime in July.

This is my understanding of the motor tax rates explained on motortax.ie.
  • A car that was registered in Ireland before 1st jan '08 is taxed on engine size. That applied to my old car, a MY99 Turbo 2000. Tax = 710 pa.
  • A car taken into the country (lets say from Japan) between Jan to June 2008 could be taxed on cc rather than CO2 when financially beneficial for the owner. This is the government concession to those who had already purchased cars abroad under the old system.
  • Any car taken into the country after July 2008 and now first registered in Ireland is taxed as per CO2 classification (irregardless of country of origin or first registry in country of origin) That would be logical to me if the governments intention is to discourage the import of polluting vehicles as they see it.

1623509416293.png
1623509330060.png

Looking at the next paragraph in the motortax.ie explanation of rates, the keys words below is "first registered in Ireland", that would mean previous registrations abroad are meaningless to the Irish government policy and the car will be registered in this country under C02 rules.

1623509471918.png

Please correct me if I am wrong ( I really hope I am). Have ye lads imported within the last number of years, I am keen to know if there is VRT office to office variations?
Thanks for the help.
Ciaran

Attachments

• 1623508454559.png
    1623508454559.png
    58.6 KB · Views: 0
And what makes your car any different to the thousands that have being imported before yours and and being charged the 600 euros .
It’s 600 quid max nox charge . . Either way you cant turn the boat that’s steaming here around so you’ll just have to suck it up .
If you don’t believe us that’s fine. But the time to do your homework was before you bought the car not 3 weeks before it lands and it’s paid for .

Back