Irish Subaru Drivers Club Forum - Powered by vBulletin

#

Thread: Jdm I/C Install to wrx advice

Thanks
    Thanked 4,273 Times in 2,370 Posts
    Rides

Jdm I/C Install to wrx advice

So got a ic kit I was after for a while nice neat one in bay and should be nice neat install as my top mount got the nozzels built into it

Any advice on the best way to wire it up the auto function would be handy

bit online bit most are Diy bodge jobs like it right

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Octane Boostaholics
    Thanks
    Rides
    It was controlled originally by ECU which was using MAP readings to control on and off.... so you can replicate this without using the ECU basically and can set up a pressure sensor off inlet manifold so for talks sake when boost hits 7psi + spray will be activated and deactivate when boost drops below that threshold it switches off.

Tbh with you, I have never ever seen the water spray make a difference in any car I had it in, and this is only my view but I would suspect if you spent a bit of time and thought on getting cooler air from outside into the filter, and if an open induction filter keeping the hot air away from it.... it would be just about if not more beneficial.
    Last edited by KENC; 04-04-2018 at 12:41.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,273 Times in 2,370 Posts
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by KENC View Post
    It was controlled originally by ECU which was using MAP readings to control on and off.... so you can replicate this without using the ECU basically and can set up a pressure sensor off inlet manifold so for talks sake when boost hits 7psi + spray will be activated and deactivate when boost drops below that threshold it switches off.

Tbh with you, I have never ever seen the water spray make a difference in any car I had it in, and this is only my view but I would suspect if you spent a bit of time and thought on getting cooler air from outside into the filter, and if an open induction filter keeping the hot air away from it.... it would be just about if not more beneficial.
    Thanks Ken

I'll look into that

Know what your saying just something I wanted in car and as top mount has the nozzels ect

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk