Hks intake

03wrx

Sunday Drivers
Hi guys! Just wanna share this I really wanted to put a hks dump valve on my wrx but heard they are not good for our cars! I bought a hks super power flow intake and by **** it's as good as any dump valve so just incase anyone was going the dump valve route the intake is just as good and safe! [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In what way is the valve bad for the car? I have mine set 50/50. Vent out and re-circ.

Last edited:
I’ve ran a genuine HKS SSQV for 10 years....... no issues.
Near 90k of road and 6 track days.

Where did you hear they are bad? I know not to everyone’s taste but I’ve never had an issue..

Totally original engine from the factory.

Your kinda half technically blowing off anyway with an exposed filter and standard recirculation valve, air being plumbed back into intake and out through the filter, never heard of anyone have any issues with one really, although branded is recommended to avoid any leaks from it etc

Your kinda half technically blowing off anyway with an exposed filter and standard recirculation valve, air being plumbed back into intake and out through the filter, never heard of anyone have any issues with one really, although branded is recommended to avoid any leaks from it etc

I've heard off some people and I suppose on internet that they can cause the car to stall! But I've heard hks are the best! If you'd had no problems I still might go ahead and get one [emoji106] I've only heard that just wanted to pass on info [emoji106]

In what way is the valve bad for the car? I have mine set 50/50. Vent out and re-circ.

Only just heard off forums and internet etc that a fully vta can cause stalling [emoji106]

Only just heard off forums and internet etc that a fully vta can cause stalling [emoji106]

I'm running the HKS on mine. I'm running standard 03 WRX power. No intake, just have catback exhaust.

Lol yeah I've seen some stuff like that online too, but never actually came across anyone who stalled with one..
You would run rich for that bear second it's venting out if it's not being recirc, but again, I'd say side effects are harmless imo

Ah lads/Ladies....

Will you drive the car with the mods you can afford or want fitted!!

Take the good from the net info and pinch of salt too.

Not to be a smart Cnut... but do you wring the cars neck daily??

If not you should not care!

Slow or fast driving, hks dump valve was
Never mentioned as an issue.

#polishe........

Don’t make me be the bad man again....

Drive the ****ing car with mods...
I did and
I knew jack sh*t about Subaru!

Still
Going.

Ah lads/Ladies....

Will you drive the car with the mods you can afford or want fitted!!

Take the good from the net info and pinch of salt too.

Not to be a smart Cnut... but do you wring the cars neck daily??

If not you should not care!

Slow or fast driving, hks dump valve was
Never mentioned as an issue.

#polishe........

Don’t make me be the bad man again....

Drive the ****ing car with mods...
I did and
I knew jack sh*t about Subaru!

Still
Going.

Ha makes 100% sense I suppose just drive em on when we can [emoji23]