oil and filter thpe

gttjohn

Sunday Drivers
so i went tp subaru in clondalkin i got an air filter coolant oil filter ,and i must say much overlooked and real easy to do is a cabin filter
now i went in there asking for fully synthetic 10w 40 oil and the mechanic and two other guys who agreed with him said that jdm subaru legacy petrol turbos should take semi synthetic 10 w 40 so i rang a guy on here to ask his advice he agreed look the bl5 from japan has a twin scroll turbo has 280 hp and variable valve timing so standard high power and vvt in the heads ,,,,,look the way i see it is who am i to argue against the guys who designed and built my car from the tyres to the roof also they have the receipts from 2008 showing them servicing that since then and un opened engine it was a chinese person that was confirmed by them o btw it was never mapped and angus confirmed that in short its here since 2008 its been serviced by them using semi synthetic 10w 40 as per subaru spec (high quality oil )and subaru duration i service my car every 5 k . and the engine is very quiet and very powerful

i've been told fully synthetic and use a particular brand , na just as subaru said use semi synthetic 10w 40 as long as its a top grade
they did say thing though is use high quality oil and change your cabin filter btw i got a 10 % isdc discount i was blown( away (N P I ) absolutely brilliant dont underestimate a new cabin filter

obtw the rb320 i was thinking about it

That is very interesting. All my service history stamps on my JDM legacy had 5W30 fully synthetic oil. As for the cabin filter. Yes i did mine too. Boy was the old one dirty and so easy to change. As for the oil topic there is clearly no right answer. :hammerhead:

:clap: Noel in Cxr always looks after lads sound lad :thumbsup:

regarding the oil Fully synthetic is better that semi synthetic so that’s what I use , but oil is a personal choice :thumbsup:

i was just thinking well if its been driven in ireland the last ten years on semi synthetic high quality oil unmapped not as much as a rattle and the guys that designed the car recommend it sure why not but then again im sure there's similar stories out there with guys using the same oil in the engine since it was bought with 200000 kms i bet someone will fined a story feck it ill find one hang on

in 1976 there wasa subaru dl it lasted til the 80s with no oil changes and the compression was as good as new when stripped down

thete was another 68 ford something or other thats never been changed and its still running

my wifes friend had a 206 pug for 6 years never serviced it not a drop of oil and then sold it on i couldn't believe my ears when i heard that about the pug but there ya go sometimes u get the guy that's having a super good day and hes the one that builds your car or you get someone who drives it perfectly in the optimal mechanical order so it could run for ever , o good lord

Back