Rust issues seals around rear of car??

duffmancb

Sunday Drivers
What seals are common to leak in the rear i can't find any leaks but I'm having serious rust issues in the back my bumper bar is pretty much done for not much structure left in it and there is a rust hole in the side behind rear bumper car is 98 type r.
Is this normal?

What seals are common to leak in the rear i can't find any leaks but I'm having serious rust issues in the back my bumper bar is pretty much done for not much structure left in it and there is a rust hole in the side behind rear bumper car is 98 type r.
Is this normal?

Hi Russ... yeah, common enough on them. Rear bumper bars rot terribly, more so than the front ones too... but can be bought new through Import Car Parts.

Rear rust behind bumper and inside rear quarter is common too. Not so much a seal issue (unless boot seal is leaking) but more from poor corrosion protection & thin paint... especially on JDM cars.

Being stored out of doors won't help either unfortunately, as the metal is poor quality on Subarus like a lot of Japanese manufacturers.

As above.

Can be common depending on climate and location where car was kept.

Can supply New Genuine front and rear bumper support bar.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info Jamie I'll just have to repair what i can and get a half decent cover as it will be outside for a while more

Where abouts are you located dave and how much are the rear bumper bars?

Back