Newbie bugeye wrx from Tipp

James

Sunday Drivers
Hi everyone, novice scooby owner here. Picked this up 2 weeks ago. Needed front discs and a new o2 sensor. The gearbox is a little off, seems to be sticky going from 3rd to 4th and doesn’t like going down into 1st when moving so I will need to address that soon. I will be looking for info on Best Buy’s for upgrades on increasing power safely. This is simply for track days and generally having a bit of fun. Looking forward to taping into the knowledge of everyone on here

Attachments

• 06F574EC-B26C-4FDB-9D28-2F0666A1D483.jpeg
    06F574EC-B26C-4FDB-9D28-2F0666A1D483.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 175
  • FD3AB2B8-5E94-45FC-A460-8D24C78D6DB9.jpeg
    FD3AB2B8-5E94-45FC-A460-8D24C78D6DB9.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 182
Hi everyone, novice scooby owner here. Picked this up 2 weeks ago. Needed front discs and a new o2 sensor. The gearbox is a little off, seems to be sticky going from 3rd to 4th and doesn’t like going down into 1st when moving so I will need to address that soon. I will be looking for info on Best Buy’s for upgrades on increasing power safely. This is simply for track days and generally having a bit of fun. Looking forward to taping into the knowledge of everyone on here
Welcome

Nice looking motor [emoji122][emoji122]

Doing the gearbox oil be good shout if hasn't been done recently usually gives a slicker shift

Also if it has a aftermarket short shifter most of them are no use oem will give a nicer positive less notchy shift

Btw ISDC & Track cars Ireland Track day 13th July 50 euro deposit to get place savage day (170 full cost) if your interested.

Full day event at Mondello Park lunch included[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Welcome

Nice looking motor [emoji122][emoji122]

Doing the gearbox oil be good shout if hasn't been done recently usually gives a slicker shift

Also if it has a aftermarket short shifter most of them are no use oem will give a nicer positive less notchy shift

Btw ISDC & Track cars Ireland Track day 13th July 50 euro deposit to get place savage day (170 full cost) if your interested.

Full day event at Mondello Park lunch included[emoji106]

Cheers Ciaran,
It has a short shifter, so might revert back to oem. U can defo count me in for the track day:Imprezaimage:

Welcome along I have an 02 sensor here man if your looking for one €50 and will be down in clonoulty our side Dundrum in tipp during the week

Uasual things on subaru that are worth doing James,

plugs as there awkward to get to some don't change em out should improve mpg and performance

Quality oil and filter as per normal

Diff oil

And Good Remap will bring out best of current setup and make it safe

Best things to do imo

proper service

Good rubber

Quality pads / fluid

And Eibach Springs if on standard

Map

All depends on current spec and plans though[emoji106]

:thumbsup:Welcome along James nice looking bug :thumbsup: As above about the track day it's a great day and great valve for money :thumbsup:

Welcome along I have an 02 sensor here man if your looking for one €50 and will be down in clonoulty our side Dundrum in tipp during the week

Got it sorted already bud, engine light gone out thankfully. Pity I didn’t check here first. U would have saved me a few bob

Uasual things on subaru that are worth doing James,

plugs as there awkward to get to some don't change em out should improve mpg and performance

Quality oil and filter as per normal

Diff oil

And Good Remap will bring out best of current setup and make it safe

Best things to do imo

proper service

Good rubber

Quality pads / fluid

And Eibach Springs if on standard

Map

All depends on current spec and plans though[emoji106]

Plugs are on the cards next

Haven’t checked the diff oil but will do that and gearbox same day

Has sti front shocks and springs and sti springs at the back

Deposit paid for the track day so looking forward to that

Who is the go to guy for mapping?

Plugs are on the cards next

Haven’t checked the diff oil but will do that and gearbox same day

Has sti front shocks and springs and sti springs at the back

Deposit paid for the track day so looking forward to that

Who is the go to guy for mapping?

Aonghus at AP Performance in Galway is your man for the mapping.

Your very welcome James, nice bug, ap performance probably the Best mapper our side of the country????, fair play for joining up as full member

Welcome along, lovely track machine that is.

As for the gearbox id first check below the gear stick before doing anything as she might need some grease, +1 for ap performance in galway only heard good things about the guy :thumbsup:

welcome james enjoy the bug ,yep he mapped my car did wonders ecu failesd he soldered new chips in he just doesn't give up on you
i think he is great good gains although my car is an everyday car he got me more power and torque i have it one year later not one rattle

Thanks for the warm welcome guys, rang the mobile for that guy in Galway. Have left voicemails and sent a text. No word back yet but I’ll keep trying.

Back