Litchfield model

ask tractorman . he actually has one and had a newage before also so he'd give you an idea of what there about and the differences

I’ve noticed a fair few t25s have had rebuids

they seem to be customized so the spec can vary a good bit from car to car

There’s a few threads on scoobynet about them, you might get more info.

Think That’s what tractor man has t25 I can tell you it’s something else to go some bang of power out of it and seems to handle very well was behind him a few times well for a little bit [emoji6][emoji846]

Untill I drive one...!!

A well sorted clean JDM new age car or special model would be the one to go for.
Only my humble opinion.

All the Bhp in the world equates to a few seconds on track or back road.

Compared to a car finely tuned By the STI factory.

Litchfield modify great cars but factory cars will command more money in the future in my opinion.

Discuss!!

Litchfield brought in spec c blob and hawks some of them were left as 2.0 and called type 20 and then you have the type 25 which they pulled the jdm engine out replaced it with a 2.5 engine that was pretty much cosworth top to bottom, some of them got the ast suspension and the Porsche 6 pot brakes up front and then mapped I think they use a miltek exhaust too. The type 20 was pretty much left one apart from the miltek system and the map but they're a savage car as my mate has one. I'm sure Alan will be along soon to tell more of what I've missed or if I've got anything wrong

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Untill I drive one...!!

A well sorted clean JDM new age car or special model would be the one to go for.
Only my humble opinion.

All the Bhp in the world equates to a few seconds on track or back road.

Compared to a car finely tuned By the STI factory.

Litchfield modify great cars but factory cars will command more money in the future in my opinion.

Discuss!!
Would have to agree Graham originality is where it's gonna be. Your car Keith dublins joes 2 my mates car and any other clean unabused example

Iv my one nearly a year and a half now. It's a spec D, so has a few creature comforts.
So iv had my engine rebuilt last year as the last owner also had a rebuild, but was mapped by litchfield for 98 ron and the previous owner then used our 95 plus octane.
It's the 2.5 engine with cosworth block and cams etc.
Lm500 turbo and equal length headers, so hasn't got the usual subaru rumble.
Litchfield wanted to improve the factory car by making it go faster , turn sharper and stop better, hence the engine swap , AST suspension and big Porsche brakes. Alot of development went into the car and you can tell.
Originally about 45 were produced and most owners recon only about 25 are left.
Longterm the lads are right with original oem factory STI spec Cs being worth more, but it's still a special piece of machinery, and won't go down in value.
So drive wise, it's savage, iv done a few bits to it myself and gave it my stamp. It has very little lag and peak torque is about 3500-4000rpm.
Handling is good atm, but iv to change some bushings and some are worn and tired. I had the full AST suspension refurbished at a hefty price, could have got another new set of branded coilovers for the same money, just wanted to keep as litchfield designed.
Porsche brake are an improvement on the brembos, but yet again I want to upgrade the pads for better initial bite, very good modulation as is.
So I'd recon it is an improvement on factory and litchfield had the right idea, it has the right parts in the right places and iv no.idea of prices or values, not going to part with it for a good while.
I'll be a happy camper by the end of the year when I get all the other bits and pieces done, until then I'm going to enjoy it. (Scotland trip in 2 weeks time) and then the isdc trackday.

Last edited:
I like your way of thinking rob.
" if l can get insured on jap import whats the best type uk l can get".
What else is there? Wr1 - not to every ones taste with the color but 320 out of the factory. Cosworth hatch but we going up the years and money and thats it :ponder2:

i prefer to rate a car with smiles per hour rather than how much it will be worth in years to come , some of you guys should be buying old artwork ,lol .

for me litchfield took an already fast car ,and added some juicy mods ,not jus your average bolt ons and have released the beasts full potential . personally id take a litchfield over a special edition factory subaru on a performance view .

as i have never been in a moving spec-c id like to be brought for a spin or have one of their owners possibly drive my car to compare

sti < spec-c < litchfield

some Litchfields use sti body and some use spec c body.

i agree probably an awesome drive. i looked into them, was tempted by the hurst one but price put me off, budget constraints kicked in eventually

The Lichfield ones are something special indeed. Rare and quite under the radar of their potential which is always a good thing in my book. Tractorman's car is class having seen it a few times now :)

Now if only they had made a wagon at the time lol

Welcome to take min for a spin anytime ross :thumbsup: litchfield cars are great cars with huge upgrades but it’s a compromise in my view with how long it will last compared to a jdm Sti standard engine .

Last edited:
I like your way of thinking rob.
" if l can get insured on jap import whats the best type uk l can get".
What else is there? Wr1 - not to every ones taste with the color but 320 out of the factory. Cosworth hatch but we going up the years and money and thats it :ponder2:

Litchfield are still JDM, not uk cars.

Welcome to take min for a spin anytime ross [emoji106] litchfield cars are great cars with huge upgrades but it’s a compromise in my view with how like it will last compared to a jdm Sti standard engine .
Unless it's a 2.0 litre joe like shanes

Yes , but did litchfields do any work on that engine or is it standard , I think nearly all cars were differant with differant upgrades and Bits change

Back