Alternator tension adjustment nut and bolt

DannysSTI

Sunday Drivers
Just seeing where I could pick up an alternator tension adjustment nut and bolt as mines fooked to say the least .. or if anyone would have one? South dublin area preferably and anywhere I could get one today ?

Any info appreciated thanks.
5bbcf245ba74808d7d9af5bc1cd6139a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Is it an 8mm bolt ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not too sure but I think it is from what I could find, not so much the bolt cause the bolt is actually fine but the nut or tensioner nut is what I need.

Which one is gone the long tension or locking bolt
8b2023844df687735f91659626aaf6d1.jpg

The red line one you would nearly get in halfords might get you out of a hole the long tension probably not

Which one is gone the long tension or locking bolt
8b2023844df687735f91659626aaf6d1.jpg

The red line one you would nearly get in halfords might get you out of a hole the long tension probably not
The one highlighted in red, but not the bolt itself, the bolt is fine, it's the metal locking nut holding that bolt in place that's completely sheered [emoji52]

The one highlighted in red, but not the bolt itself, the bolt is fine, it's the metal locking nut holding that bolt in place that's completely sheered [emoji52]

This bracket / locking nut
bce931e56ca40b34d1f33d9f7a5a6b63.jpg

The thread is in the alternator you will have to helicoil it or a longer bolt and nut the other side.

The thread is in the alternator you will have to helicoil it or a longer bolt and nut the other side.
Yeah I secured the alternator with a nut the rear side of it so it should do till I get sorted with the proper nut.

I’d just nut and bolt it up flat washer on back if threads gone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I secured the alternator with a nut the rear side of it so it should do till I get sorted with the proper nut.

I don’t think you understand mate the thread for that bolt is in the alternator

I don’t think you understand mate the thread for that bolt is in the alternator
Not too sure what ya mean tbh would it make any difference ? I have a nut on the back side of the bolt on the left side of the alternator and seems to be holding it in place for the time being [emoji848]

Not too sure what ya mean tbh would it make any difference ? I have a nut on the back side of the bolt on the left side of the alternator and seems to be holding it in place for the time being [emoji848]

That will do yes .
Yes there is a difference you won’t be able to get a nut to repair , the alternator lug needs to be helicoiled

That will do yes .
Yes there is a difference you won’t be able to get a nut to repair , the alternator lug needs to be helicoiled
Ah okay I'm following now sorry haha cheers for the info [emoji106]

Back