what oil and oil filter

gttjohn

Sunday Drivers
you think ide know better by now but please if you car give an accurate answer ide real appreciate it

what oil for a jdm bl5 turbo 2 liter engine maped for irish fuel o and oil filter is it a new age oil filter

caus u know when you go into a motorfactors they usualy are looking at you with a simlular level of dumbfoundment ha

thank you all .

Genuine always.

I use Motul 10W-40 because I daily drive it and beat on it. Personal preference though.

EDIT: 10W-40 due to the age and mileage of engine. 127,000 KM and 03.

Last edited:
Subaru will tell you 10w 40 semi synethic for it as I used to have same car and that's what main dealer will say ,

I always used 10w 40 fully synthetic and genuine oil filter in my old bl5 turbo but have used blueprint filter also with no issues ????

thankyou very much lads i do appreciate it does anyone know what oil filter number like is it the same as a 04 sti or classic wrx caus nobody knows what a turbo petrol version 4 legacy is

thanks so far lads i do appreciate it i used to use 10 =40 simi synthetic oil im not sure now either 5 or 10 -40 oil ill definitely be using fully synthetic now with the new info i have the plugs so if anyone needs them ill give them the code but im after the oil filter code or car that also uses it thanks gentlemen

https://www.scoobynet.com/692978-oil-advice-and-recomendations-here-27.html#post11998992

This is a link to thread on SN. Its an Opie oil thread where you can give your model and spec and Tim ( opie oil rep) will give you answer what its best for you. What l remember from the time l asked it was for mildly moded newage is 5w40 for classic 10w40 and going up depending on mods, use etc. You may post your spec and see what he recommends :54:
Also you can ring the local lads Dave/rsr , Ciaran/asd to see what they recommend.
I can only speak about the Millers stuff. It was best at the time expensive but lm very happy with it. :54:

I use genuine oil filter with castrol edge 5W30 in my legacy. Have done so from day car came in from Japan. All the japanese service stamps had 5w30 oil marked on them.

I use genuine oil filter with castrol edge 5W30 in my legacy. Have done so from day car came in from Japan. All the japanese service stamps had 5w30 oil marked on them.

I get the oil filter from subaru dealer in clondalkin then the oil wherever has the best offers at the time.

Back