Advice on Heavy Duty Group N Engine Gearbox Mount 5 Speed Kit

Ciaran WRX

ISDC Club Member
Alright,

Thinking of doing few upgrades as feel engine mounts are a bit passed it..

It will be fitted to a wrx that I daily drive and have been told it will transfer a lot of vibration through the chassis (Group N)* but also another member runs above bits on his daily no issue's

Any advice on this? Anyone else any experience with above?

Is there a less stiff setup kit with similar bits available that I should consider?

Open to suggestions

Thanks

https://www.advancedautomotives.com...n-engine-gearbox-mount-5-speed-kit-5800-p.asp

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I would steer clear of the group n gearbox mount, too harsh .
The engine mounts are great but you will get more noise and vibration transmitted into the cabin

I got them and who Ciaran mentioned. Sti Group N pitch, engine and gearbox mounts. I have done other mods to the suspension and run Meister R coils which can be adjusted. These all work very well together imho and I daily my car. It tackles all sorts of roads and the family has yet to complain.

Best thing to do is drive my car and then decide. I myself before buying them was debating the same issue and in the end, just decided to buy them and see. Just to be aware, there's a Prodrive version too that's allegedly harder than the Group N one and would probably not great for a daily car.

According to the kit Ciaran posted they are prodrive/group n mounts
I bought individual parts that were just advertised as Sti Group N ones off the same website. Might be different to the Prodrive like I mentioned as they were a fair bit cheaper too.

As some of you know my car is fully polybushed with coilovers and a rear diff lock kit and I daily it I have to update the mounts and gear box bushings but they'll be done, yes I have a huge increase in vibration but it doesn't bother me it transformed the car

Last edited:
mounts

we stock the engine and gearbox mounts .. i never noticed or had customers mention and added vibration ..
in the advert .. advanced auto say they are modified by prodrive .. thats incorrect .

we stock the engine and gearbox mounts .. i never noticed or had customers mention and added vibration ..
in the advert .. advanced auto say they are modified by prodrive .. thats incorrect .

Definitely increase the nvh levels especially the sti group n gearbox mount and pitch mount .

Definitely increase the nvh levels especially the sti group n gearbox mount and pitch mount .
In my wagon Baz, it wasn't really noticeable once you get moving. At car park speeds I can tell but that's in conjunction with the coils+arbs and my passengers have yet to notice a few months down the line.

I wonder if it is different from a classic to a newage due to the newage being less prone to nvh from factory?

In my wagon Baz, it wasn't really noticeable once you get moving. At car park speeds I can tell but that's in conjunction with the coils+arbs and my passengers have yet to notice a few months down the line.

I wonder if it is different from a classic to a newage due to the newage being less prone to nvh from factory?

Possibly.
But due to the hardness of the rubber chassis would make f all difference

What exhaust do you have ?

Possibly.
But due to the hardness of the rubber chassis would make f all difference

What exhaust do you have ?
Prodrive 2.5" exhaust, stock. Bigger louder exhaust would contribute to more vibration I'd say. What's on yours?

I don't like where this is going ????[emoji1][emoji23]

Prodrive 2.5" exhaust, stock. Bigger louder exhaust would contribute to more vibration I'd say. What's on yours?

Louder would also mask the nvh levels of the group n bushes .

Mines a jetex 3” cat back , one of the quieter uk made systems

Smooth as a Roller

Very quite though

Louder than mine hahaha [emoji14]

Wouldn't go that far now [emoji39] It can actually go softer with the dials. Next time you driving it, I'll stiffen it up and you'll get a sense of it then.

Reckon once the new bits go in, it'll be a bit a tad louder [emoji2]

Back