Power steering Squeek / full lock juddering

DannysSTI

Sunday Drivers
Just wondering if anyone can shed some light on this , when I start the car there is a squeek like a belt/idler/pully, when cold and you turn the wheel the steering wheel judders as it turns being in sync with the squeeking noise and is hard to turn, it seems to get better as the car warms up, but even at normal running temp when in full lock it still judders and squeeks, just wondering if anyone can help with this ? Is it a simple fix or what could be the problem ?

Any suggestions welcome, thanks in advance [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Just wondering if anyone can shed some light on this , when I start the car there is a squeek like a belt/idler/pully, when cold and you turn the wheel the steering wheel judders as it turns being in sync with the squeeking noise and is hard to turn, it seems to get better as the car warms up, but even at normal running temp when in full lock it still judders and squeeks, just wondering if anyone can help with this ? Is it a simple fix or what could be the problem ?

Any suggestions welcome, thanks in advance [emoji16]

Almost certainly the belt - mine was exactly the same - easy fix thankfully

Cheers guys [emoji16] will see what slack is like tomorrow and go from there, if there's too much I'm presuming it's a new tensioner and bobs your uncle ? Worst case scenario being a new belt ? How much are we talking ?

Thanks again. Helpful as always.

Just belt - no need for tensioner in my case - you migh be ok to just adjust the tensioner - at least that would tell you if the belt was the issue. I got a belt from local auto factors for a couple of quid

davelegacy[emoji769 said:
;589179]Power steering belt slack is where you would start.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
Hi Dave, after further inspection today the power steering belt seems to have a nice rip in it so presuming this is the problem? Just wondering how much you charge for the belt and fitting and where yous are based?

Thanks.

davelegacy[emoji769 said:
;589245]Hi

Not huge job to fit yourself.

€35 supply and fit

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
Yeah had a look into it seems relatively easy, thanks for getting back to me any idea as to where I might get one over the weekend?

Back