Gold Brembo question

Gary sti

ISDC Club Member
So opinions welcome on this so haven’t been driving car too much lately but last couple of day have been out more or less when I press brakes bit of a tump noise out of passenger front. Also get a bit of noise out of them as if pads ain’t engaging flat and one edge of it is making noise off groovess in disc this doesn’t happen a lot but I very annoying when dose plus I don’t feel there at their best might be sticking a bit they do work but wouldn’t put you through the window if ya know what I mean
Question
What’s involved in refurbish
Any links
Any links for seals pistons etc
Paint type decals may aswell do the lot
Or company who does the lot if needs be
Thanks

Probably need a helicoil kit if your taken those calipers off most the time they pull the treads when taken the bolts off. It’s not expensive for the kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As for the color of the calipers if your thinking of painting them. I used Honda inca y61p and turned out very close to the original color
82010ffe988636796ec1c0489c00ae0d.jpg
d8c8a8a1d8b4238ddd1fb57d2d25d4d3.jpg

Thanks Nigel had them off before threads ok but knowing my luck this time where did you pick up decals they look the job

As for helicoil kit all metal fasteners in finglas stocks them and all stainless nuts bolts for anyone ever stuck

Now l did experiment with humbrol for my AP's and they turn up great but nothing to do with brembo color. There is a photos in my thread somewhere :54:

Wait until the weather drys up before you do anything with them Gary see does the issues clear up

I got the decals on eBay. I have a spare set at home some where. If I find them ya can have them

Pistons don’t usually stick in brembos . And seals only go from track heat so I’d say it’s just the Pads locking to the disc because of the water . If it’s squealing it’s the lip in the disc And the pad hitting it

I had clunk noise when I picked up car. Just some times. Mine was rear pad . But mine were that low needing replacing solved the problem.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I had clunk noise when I picked up car. Just some times. Mine was rear pad . But mine were that low needing replacing solved the problem.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I had a similar prob too mine had a fast road pad in the back changed to Mintex stopped the scratching noise. But the one now is after I drive for a while get this noise randomly I don’t feel they are 100%

Back