Newbie on the look out for a nice impreza

ginoc

Howdy lads,

I came across the site a few months ago but never said hello. Toying with the idea of a 90's impreza so I'm trying to fill up on information.
It's mostly BMW's I've had from E30 M3 right up to E39 M5. I've 3 at the moment E39 M5, E34 M5 and an E34 525. As you can tell I've a thing for BMW but I'm tired of paying extortionate road tax so a nice 2.0 turbo for a while will soften this. I bought an integrale last year for that reason but soon sold it wasn't my cup of tea.
Who do you guys use for insurance? I've the BMW's on a classic policy but mention impreza and it's a no that's with first Ireland.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Welcome, love the bmws but tax is a stinger
Have my e30 325 insured no prob here on classic policy
I had to get my 95 impreza on classic policy in the north
Nowhere in republic will touch 1 on a classic policy !

Welcome, love the bmws but tax is a stinger
Have my e30 325 insured no prob here on classic policy
I had to get my 95 impreza on classic policy in the north
Nowhere in republic will touch 1 on a classic policy !
Cheers, who's that with and how old does the car have to be?

Welcome to the club and to the hardship called subaru ownership. What you save on tax you will pay for insurance if you lucky to get quote at all :roll:
Unless you get a early classic for a vintage insurance, but they are hard got.
But dont let me put you off. We are great club with lots of things to do through out the year

Welcome along hope you find what your after if you find one pop it up lads might know a bit of previous on it

Welcome to the club and to the hardship called subaru ownership. What you save on tax you will pay for insurance if you lucky to get quote at all :roll:
Unless you get a early classic for a vintage insurance, but they are hard got.
But dont let me put you off. We are great club with lots of things to do through out the year
Can't be any worse than M ownership. Thanks for the input I'll look around and see what's out there.

:thumbsup:Welcome along nice list of cars you have . Just wondering what was wrong with the grale . 1 of only a few people I know that didn't like them after driving it .

Good subaru Classic are thin enough on the ground at this stage but I'm sure something will turn up . It's nsurance can be hit and miss but you should be able to add it to your classic policy

[emoji106]Welcome along nice list of cars you have . Just wondering what was wrong with the grale . 1 of only a few people I know that didn't like them after driving it .

Good subaru Classic are thin enough on the ground at this stage but I'm sure something will turn up . It's nsurance can be hit and miss but you should be able to add it to your classic policy
It was rough and a bone rattler. I always had that feeling it was going to leave me stranded on the side of the road. My intention was to do a light resto on it but I don't think I would've had anymore love for it so I let her go. Another itch scratched.

Your very welcome, once you hear the rumble you'll never turn back,

Classic impreza are raw to drive but great fun,

Anything pre 1998 can be insured with autoline on classic policy once your over 25 with another car as daily, they are based on Coleraine up north but cover southern reg car on classic policy only.

Alternatively axa cover impreza in Ireland on classic policy if over 20 years and you have existing classic policy with them.

Best of luck with search

As above man welcome along they're great cars to drive and always put a smile on your face, good luck with the search man

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Howdy lads,

I came across the site a few months ago but never said hello. Toying with the idea of a 90's impreza so I'm trying to fill up on information.
It's mostly BMW's I've had from E30 M3 right up to E39 M5. I've 3 at the moment E39 M5, E34 M5 and an E34 525. As you can tell I've a thing for BMW but I'm tired of paying extortionate road tax so a nice 2.0 turbo for a while will soften this. I bought an integrale last year for that reason but soon sold it wasn't my cup of tea.
Who do you guys use for insurance? I've the BMW's on a classic policy but mention impreza and it's a no that's with first Ireland.

welcome along

as said above autoline should cover a classic no problem, any pics of the integrale and e30 M3, love both.

welcome along

as said above autoline should cover a classic no problem, any pics of the integrale and e30 M3, love both.
Cheers, this is the only one I can find at the moment. I'll try root out some of the delta later.
3c623791f79586fc6035ef3ff29ee9fe.jpg

Welcome along and best of luck with the search, you will need it :thumbsup:

Is the e34 that you have wine/calypso red by any chance? I do see it parked there now and again, looks very well.

I was always a bmw fan and had numerous bmw's over the years (non-mpower) but use them more for a daily, great car's never a problem

Welcome along and best of luck with the search, you will need it [emoji106]

Is the e34 that you have wine/calypso red by any chance? I do see it parked there now and again, looks very well.

I was always a bmw fan and had numerous bmw's over the years (non-mpower) but use them more for a daily, great car's never a problem
Yes that's the one it's tucked away now.
16dbeb2a913f44def2ee6225cf266b2a.jpg

Back