Impreza wrx sti

Rob

RobH
ISDC Club Member
In the market for a Subaru Impreza wrx sti type U.K./jdm wide track I’ve been looked na for awhile now and will prob end up going across the water but I’ll give it another week or two here and see what pops up.im not a tyre kicker or a boy racer etc... genuine car enthusiast and money ready to purchase right car and insurance sorted also

Any info of a car for sale or garaged or somebody only thinking about selling pls contact me

In the market for a Subaru Impreza wrx sti type U.K./jdm wide track I’ve been looked na for awhile now and will prob end up going across the water but I’ll give it another week or two here and see what pops up.im not a tyre kicker or a boy racer etc... genuine car enthusiast and money ready to purchase right car and insurance sorted also

Any info of a car for sale or garaged or somebody only thinking about selling pls contact me

Sorry for going off topic but who have you got insurance with? Finding it difficult to get some myself

Details

I’ve been asked for more detail on here,
Must be wide track Blobeye or Hawkeye but has to be 2.0 engine Hawkeye if Hawkeye, don’t want post my budget but I will say it’s a very healthy budget,Ive done a lot of research into going to England and still mite do that just giving someone here a chance to pop up with one for sale

How many of us really use DCCD?
Not many I'd say.

Id say everyone with a newage would just leave it in auto but I used mine in the type r a few times when the weather was bad as you know, the type r can be tall happy in the wet with the diff set to the rear.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by tractorman How many of us really use DCCD?
Not many I'd say.

Id say everyone with a newage would just leave it in auto but I used mine in the type r a few times when the weather was bad as you know, the type r can be tail happy in the wet with the diff set to the rear.

For normal daily trundling around I leave it on auto alright... however I personally hate the auto setting if pushing the car on.

The auto-dccd setting then changes things so much that it unsettles the car and makes the handling unpredictable (a very unnerving feeling as a driver when you have the car perfectly setup going into a corner and then half way through the auto-dccd changes stuff up. The car suddenly shifts weight and grip around and comes unstuck in a way the driver didn't intend and which is very hard to recover from as when you adjust power / brake / steering to "fix" the auto-dccd induced problem, the auto-dccd yet again starts to intervene and change things - it sucks).

When I go for a proper drive I change it to manual override and depending on road conditions I set it to fully open when dry (green on dash wheel to back), or set it to open minus 2-3 little clicks on the wheel button (till first light change on the dash from open) if wet. So, from that point of view -- yes, I do use the dccd, simply because I feel I have to stop the auto-dccd scaring the hell out of me lol.

The ability to fully lock the diff when say climbing a snow covered mountain road is handy though, but... very important to reduce lock to open when trying to steer on very slippy iced / snowy roads as on full lock you will lose a lot of grip when trying to go around corners.

There is some additional grip / flexibility there with the dccd fitted cars, but it requires experience and tweaking it manually to get the best out of it. Without experience and manual intervention it makes the car worse imo.

I suppose what I am trying to say is - not having the dccd is better in my view than the auto setting of dccd when doing anything other than driving it easy in traffic as a daily (and in that case the non-dccd car would be as good as the dccd fitted one anyway).

The only caveat would be when you go to sell the car again as most buyers out there believe they "must have" the dccd - and hence maybe an STI without dccd would be harder sold (or for less €€€).

Thanks spotted but can’t get insured in a Jap one I’m the phone all day trying.must have tried 15 different insurers I’m ducking sick of it

Thanks spotted but can’t get insured in a Jap one I’m the phone all day trying.must have tried 15 different insurers I’m ducking sick of it

Just buy one then ring your current insurer and tell them you already bought it and it's sitting on the drive. If they still say no tell them they're obliged to give you a letter of refusal stating why. Then tell them as they're your current insurer and first contact you're going to the Irish Insurance Federation who will force them to quote you.

How old are you if you don’t mind me asking rob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back