STI exhaust, swap possible?

You a sports cat Gary, slightly different rumble

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Video on youtube its far from hearing it in person standing next to the car and different from being inside the car. IMO if you want best of the both worlds keep your factory exhaust for nct and get another turbo-back straight through for the rest of the year. Again IMO its embarrassing having a scooby and not unleashing its note. How loud its up to you.
Mine is toyosport cheapy 3" all the way UK made. Came with the car. And lm happy with it. Not too loud just right way. I was thinking lm getting old and l dont want it too loud but when l had too swap with the factory for nct l felt that l have nothing.
Going sportscat way its a mystery path. As you spend lots of money and you are never sure of the gains and how is going to perform on nct.
On another note Graham's spec C had some note the other day when he arrived for the Dublin drive. We were sure it was a bike. :facepalm:
Sounded like swarm of angry bees

Last edited:
Year's ago when I bought mine had a crappy (badly made) backbox and went and got a afterburner vortex from scooby world gave it nice bite was very happy with it also won't break bank and looks very well

Don't go removing resonataor ect just make it annoying if it's your daily

if not go nuts as won't matter [emoji106]

http://www.scoobyworld.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=76

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
3023b68e6cabb918cfb3656d9ef47977.jpg
c47b5c6faf84fe0bac0b32628951deb9.jpg

Last edited:
Actually was looking for japspeed they don't sound too loud at all, none from there website or eBay for new age tho. Just classic.
Possibly go after burner route then if that's the case mate.
Maybe leave center pipe so, easiest, and sure if I want to change after tis easy done

That actually looks great value Tommy.
Out of stock as well tho ????

Great to see you got the modifying bug already.

My car came with the Prodrive back box and centre section like I mentioned to you before. It had the burble and can be properly heard only outside the car. I recently acquired a Prodrive sports cat and a H&S second decat pipe which made it just a tad bit louder and throatier. It's still very usable as a daily driven car and at motorway speeds, it doesn't drone at all. Next up will be a set of aftermarket headers to go in and that will change the sound again.

I'll link you to a few videos of the above and you'll get an idea what to expect with the Prodrive backbox etc. Like others have mentioned though, you should try to hear it in person as the camera doesn't do it justice.

Back