STI exhaust, swap possible?

Eoinmack

Webmasters
Staff member
ISDC Club Member
Just on the off chance that it suits anyone here, have an STI exhaust on the blob at the minute, but would like a pro drive one for a bit of burble. Also, I'm not entirely sure the STI one is from a blob, I'd say it's older....but not sure being honest.

Always worth a shot here first lol
I wouldn't really know what it's worth to sell it, but surely around the same price as the Prodrive one.. might suit someone lol

Attachments

• 20180128_155619.jpg
    20180128_155619.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 108
Last edited:
I was thinking that alright. Late classic, V5 or V6 I had thought.
So could possibly suit someone then, someone who has a classic and happens to have a Prodrive exhaust thrown in the shed lol

Prodrive one is quiet alright, but still louder than this.
The STI one is very quiet, can't hear it at all in the cabin like.
I presume that they are supposed to be some bit louder than what it is, but seen as it's not for a blob it might have some affect.
The Prodrive isn't too loud, sounds nice, has the burble, and will keep the neighbours happy ???? ticks all the boxes for me lol

Suppose it depends on the rest of your exhaust system...

If all "standard" (factory STI or WRX)... then either the STI or Prodrive back box will be very quiet and you will hardly hear either when inside the car.

If you are keeping all the standard pipework then it is worth looking at a more open back box like a H&S, CobraSport, Jetex, RCM... take your pick... to release a bit more sound. The original cats and resonator will mute the sound enough to not make one of those more open back boxes too loud.

If the turbo back pipework is not standard (higher flow, less restricted), or if planning to change it to a more open system, then a Prodrive back box can be a nice "quiet" box which still releases enough sound to hear it inside the cabin without drawing too much (negative) attention.

See
if
Sheriff wont sell his HKS hi-power silent since he got the titanium. the hks will be good balance for you :54:

I’ll gladly sell the S201/202 one. My center section is 3” non resonated so I need to keep the 3” and not restrict back to 2.5”. Would recommend HKS though if you go looking. It’s quiet going around screams when on power.

Have an 3” rcm one there if you want to try it, it’s the same as Ciaran Wrx :thumbsup:
It’s an s201 non titanium exhaust . S202 was titanium and a different shape :thumbsup:

Right that's a few more options there again, I'll have a think about it and check back here in a bit, only on break at work lol

Cheers ????

Suppose it depends on the rest of your exhaust system...

If all "standard" (factory STI or WRX)... then either the STI or Prodrive back box will be very quiet and you will hardly hear either when inside the car.

If you are keeping all the standard pipework then it is worth looking at a more open back box like a H&S, CobraSport, Jetex, RCM... take your pick... to release a bit more sound. The original cats and resonator will mute the sound enough to not make one of those more open back boxes too loud.

If the turbo back pipework is not standard (higher flow, less restricted), or if planning to change it to a more open system, then a Prodrive back box can be a nice "quiet" box which still releases enough sound to hear it inside the cabin without drawing too much (negative) attention.
I agree what Keadeen says as I have a Prodrive exhaust with no centre section resonator and catless downpipe.

A nice low burble at low rpm but at high rpm it lets off a nice rumble

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Ciarian wrx has rcm sounds a bit deeper than prodrive one I have nice sound and is good for every day eoin. But and always a but tommy 555 exhaust sounds deadly had the pleasure of a few roars of it at agm I suppose budget and noise when driving YouTube has them all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just don't want anything too loud cause I know it would annoy me in the long run lol
Would you guys say prodrive is as far as pointless without an aftermarket center?

Well if that's the case I might just try and sort out a center section first and see what I'm left with on the STI muffler so first.
So, to keep it NCT friendly, what am I looking for?
2.5" / 3"?
Resonated or not etc?

With a prodrive box. 2.5 centre section non resonated. [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Haha jeasus Eanna you wanna hear my car start from where you are do you lol
Yeah 2.5 center so, as I said before, massive power gains wouldn't be priority, just looks and sound to make a good daily.
Any few extra ponies be handy when mapping comes

I’ll video mine tomorrow let u hear it might help decide

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That'd be great Gary actually
Which brings me to think, why don't a few of ye post a couple of videos if you have them (won't ask you to go take ask video specially)
but it be interesting for others too ????

Back