Legacy slugish start

Fyi Varta built in same factory identical [emoji108]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Yeah man one of the oldest factors in Dublin heard a lot of stories lads pretty much giving stuff away shame really

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The exact same thing is happening to mine since I've had it off the road.
Gonna get new battery and hopefully sorts it out.

I picked up the bosch battery from dexter auto for €95. I installed it last night. Brought it for a small run. This morning However similar symptoms to before. The drive to work was 45 minutes. Will see how it starts after work at 4pm. If it's the same i may bring the car down to Ciaran Larkin to check it out.

So after changing the battery out the same symptoms are there after a day without driving. Just a slight struggle to start.

So after changing the battery out the same symptoms are there after a day without driving. Just a slight struggle to start.

The fact that you have a new battery in if you have a volt meter battery should be 12v-12.4v with engine turned off. Turn on car with engine running a healthy alternator should read about 14v for recharging might be not be working 100% could be strain on battery. Or starter just showing a bit of age had this on other car local garage struggling to find what it was I bit the bullet put new starter in bang on perfect. But a decent garage should be able to spot it I think

My Impreza would take a couple of turns to get going sometimes but not driven Daly if this helps

Yes thanks for that advise. Can is an 06 so possibly the starter. Will get the car down to Ciaran Larkin over the next few days when he is available.

Had the car down with Ciaran and before he spends time on it. He said he is confident it will start every time and before he spends days trying to diagnose it without spending money on parts we agreed to leave it for the time being see how it goes. He did all tests and alternator reading 14V and when started battery drops to around 8 volts on start up. So possibly is the starter. Just not 100%.

That's interesting. Do you have a legacy too? How did you spot the bad connection?

yea have a 05 legacy , mechanic friend diagnosed it , the starter in the legacy sounds very lazy as well ,very slow to turn. mine used to turn and turn for ages and eventually fire up.

Yep the legacy was always a little slow to start alright. Ciaran did say the starter was drawing a little higher current than normal which would explain the lower voltage at the battery on startup.

Back