Perrin Crank Pulley

Fozzy

Petrolheads
So, timing belt time - ordered a gates kit with water pump and all the ancillary stuff for €234 delivered. I’m thinking of putting a Perrin lightweight crank pulley in - is it worth the €115, has anyone got one and what are your thoughts

So, timing belt time - ordered a gates kit with water pump and all the ancillary stuff for €234 delivered. I’m thinking of putting a Perrin lightweight crank pulley in - is it worth the €115, has anyone got one and what are your thoughts
Have one there used for €75

But overall no

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Supposedly light weight crank pulleys are a bad job on them, I had a Perrin one and removed it after seeing the likes of Andy Forrest telling people to dump them

what would be the issues with them ken?

i have one to put on my new engine that i got from rsr.

From what I’ve read, the general issue with them is that they shed weight by not having a harmonic damper - that said, I don’t think the EJ20 OEM cranks ever had one as the flat four layout is pretty balanced to start with. Seems to be a big source of debate, some swear by them, others warn off - that’s why I was looking to see if anyone’s running one and what they have found

what would be the issues with them ken?

i have one to put on my new engine that i got from rsr.

I’m not 100% sure to be honest, but there must be a reason why Subaru built the crank pulley the way they did, I’ve seen more and more turning to ATI harmonic Dampner pulleys..

It was a no brainer for me, I was going to see no performance or any noticeable gain from using a Lightened Pulley, but possibly would have risk of causing wear/damage, so off it came, and standard one was put on.

Cheers Ken,

Unfortunately for me I gave my one to a lad on Facebook that was stuck for one. It's always the way

Back