worthwhile mods/improvements to make while rear sub-frame is off?

duffmancb

Sunday Drivers
hi
anything other than doing the bushes(i have bolt/bush kit in mind already) while rear sub-frame is off, i don't really want to have to take it off again for a long time seen as i'm doing it on the drive so want to get the most out of it.

car is 98 classic sti

New diff bushes make a nice difference, don’t use the group n sti ones they are too harsh and transmit a lot of noise .

Have a super Pro Bush kit lined up for everything on the rear. heard good things about them on other forums, anybody have personal experience with them?

Have a super Pro Bush kit lined up for everything on the rear. heard good things about them on other forums, anybody have personal experience with them?

I’d fit suggest fitting lateral link bushes from the kit everything else use Subaru bushes new.

I fitted Super Pro bushes over the full back end - bear in mind its a competition classic. Absolutely no complaints and everything fitted a treat. Don't be miserable with the lubricant and stick to the torque settings on reassembly - those links are designed to move and over tightening will affect handling.

Subframe lock bolts are highly recommended for the forester - not sure about the Impreza but they’re cheap and available on scooby mods. They can be fitted at any stage, mine should arrive next week, I’ll give you a verdict when they’re in

Back