intake mods

imo listen to advice your been given by wise OLD heads

minimal gains for effort ,

if you looking to up power , save a few € , buy some mods and have her mapped to suit .

Feel free to share you're opinion, that's what I'm looking for [emoji1303]
If no issue swapping once a year.

Leave factory engine bay set up alone

Decat
Fuel pump
Pref 3 port
Remap

If not re nct and want to pass without swapping.

Prodrive Sports cat decat 2nd. UK centre section (as your jdm only has one cat and slightly longer centre section)
Fuel pump
Pref 3 port
Remap

Oem airbox is perfectly fine. Even with oem air filter. If budget then. Then yes upgrade to a K&N.

All parts in stock

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Thanks for replies.

Just to clear things up, this is my first rodeo in a subaru, so just getting up to speed with the workings of them. But not my first rodeo ????

As in first post, planned mods are;
-full 3" turbo back(bolt in cat being made also for passing nct once a year)
-Apexi panel filter already installed
-Fuel pump(walbro/sytec 255lph) bought and to be fitted soon
-3 post boost solenoid still to be bought
-Stock Ecu remap(open source I believe is the name) with nf octane booster at mappers recommended mixture
-Probably denso iridium plugs before mapping but that's a different discussion ????

I like to carry out most work myself, it's 50% of the enjoyment for me, so the likes of removing the inlet manifold for grinding the body or inlet pipe are basically the cost of gaskets, parts, some small grinding tools and a few hours of spare time in hopefully the sun.

I found it hard to find definitive evidence of major gains for doing them, even though the companies selling the turbo inlet pipes seem to suggest otherwise. The tgv bodies are just something I can see a restriction in and worth doing if manifold is off.

The resonator, again, no definitive evidence but it seems people are cutting holes into them which is drawing air from somewhere other than the stock cold feed which doesn't interest me. I would simply look at exactly what it is and see if there is any kind of restriction in the box and a beneficial way of removing it. Again, only a couple hours spare time spent on it.

Thanks for the replies, based on what I have gathered in this thread, I will be leaving these mods until after the the above mod list is complete as I do feel there is some marginal gains to be had with both.

????????????????????????

Cheers for all the links.

I've read most of them already and they don't answer my questions, which is why I'm asking.

Get back to this in the summertime????????

Back