New performance car

Joe double the budget and we get you in to a batmobile, 170 a year tax :thumbsup:

Think we have a winner! :clap2:

DSC_2618.JPG

DSC_2619.JPG

Attachments

• DSC_2618.JPG
    DSC_2618.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 123
  • DSC_2619.JPG
    DSC_2619.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 120
It also has this fake audio stuff to make the car sound really awesome :icon_grin:

Who's conor mcregor ? :ponder: :icon_grin:

Last edited:
This thread is only going to show that there is no such an animal and you will have to compromise somewhere :54:

Tough one to get the tax/depreciation balance. To avoid depreciation, best of go a few years older, but then anything older with 250+bhp would be hard get for less than €800 tax.

A mk2 Leon Cupra are 240bhp stock and easy to get to 250+bhp with just a map. They come stock with a bigger turbo and brakes than a mk5 Gti and and a little different. Plus would pick up one for small enough money, so in two years would not lose much.

If going newer a 280/290 Cupra is a very capable car, saw a review where it was faster than a Golf R on a track. They said it handled better too, but day to day the Golf R would be a nicer daily. But I imagine it would be comfortable enough and practical enough too. Any of the VW MQB chassis options seem to be highly regarded so reckon the current gen Cupra won't depreciate too badly, but anything new will depreciate reasonably heavily. Another option, but not sure of tax, would be a Megane RS of some form?

There lovely But only 2 Seats in the back :icon_confused:

regarding the leon not really what I’m after looks wise

:icon_grin:Oh don't I know . Pre 08 cars that don't depreciate is a tall order never mind performance and 5 seats . Not a great segment to be in looking for the impossible at the moment

really appreciate all the suggestions but the winners at the moment see to be focus rs and golf r in 1/2 years time when they have gone gone another bit

Yes the golf looks like any diesel or 1.4 the rs stands out and looks really well in the blue

Have you thought about an Evo. I think it would suit you perfect. Cheapish tax too.

Sent from my TA-1024 using Tapatalk

That's a pity, but I think if you could get one registered before June 2008, then tax is about 700.

Sent from my TA-1024 using Tapatalk

a 2008 Jdm hatch..to keep you young till the rs falls another 5k - 10k

depending on the VRT

Slightly more practical and a little more refined than the saloon and 300bhp, 710tax, depreciation should be ok too..

Back