New performance car

scoobysub

ISDC Club Member
So as the title says . I’m in the market shortly for a another family car . Couple of key things to keep in mind

budget 35k max
Must seat 5
4 doors min
tax 800 max
newer than 2008
250bhp up (ish)
not deprecated 5k a year
capably of back road blasts .
Look good .

Tall order i know but very few cars fall into that category that I can think of so opinions welcomed :thumbsup:

I was watching US car program and the host was looking for a car for a soccer-mom with main condition to be fast and with enough room for family and stuff:

B8 s4 , but tax is €1200 per year on 08 not sure about newer ones
Around 340bhp out of the box , revo do remap to bring it over 400bhp

Chris Harris has video of his mapped b8 s4 keeping with brand new rs4 in straight line on YouTube

Last edited:
151 530d gran coupe msport here, 50k km on it estimated at 30k could be more or less
373159ce4c8c22046ccff68658456ae1.jpg
2b7072954b4b1d5b40af6ac6321a2aa4.jpg

Sent from my E6833 using Tapatalk

151 530d gran coupe msport here, 50k km on it estimated at 30k could be more or less
373159ce4c8c22046ccff68658456ae1.jpg
2b7072954b4b1d5b40af6ac6321a2aa4.jpg

If recommend the Beamer too, it’s class, fast, and can be used as a family car, you’d be able to tax it with no hassle and even if you decide to sell the vehicle it’d hold its value and has a market !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lexus no there just and old mans car for head to the shops .
Audi s4 no ,tax too high. And prices drop like a stone for the newer ones .
Civic no . Drop like a stone aswell but not the look I’m after .
Bmw 530d not really a performance car and will drop like a stone

You'd pick up a Golf R at that money. If considering Beemer and wanting nimble back road blasts, a 330e would be better suited.

40k cash would get you a low mileage well minded 2016 rs.

I'd rob another 5k from somewhere

If you hold onto long enough id expect deprecation to be a lot less than 5k pa.

BMW is out as for lots of reasons , reliability, depreciation, blandness , etc.

golf r doesn’t do it for me . Looks too much like a 1.6 diesel and the resale will be shocking , When it’s lost in a sea full of other R’s the same spec .

Focus is the winner at the moment Paul but In a year or so they will be down too 35 .

BMW is out as for lots of reasons , reliability, depreciation, blandness , etc.

golf r doesn’t do it for me . Looks too much like a 1.6 diesel and the resale will be shocking , When it’s lost in a sea full of other R’s the same spec .

Focus is the winner at the moment Paul but In a year or so they will be down too 35 .

focus will definitely depreciate steepky for another while yet but curve should becone much flatter in another year or two

vrt looks too high as well

Agree they will level out And can’t see them fall below 25 . Which with be good as I’d be holding on to it for 4/5 years which would make it justifiable.

Its suprising how little is on offer when your actually go looking for a car .

I Consider a family car a larger saloon or hatchback type where you can fit 5 people comfortably and luggage aswell, can you do that in a focus rs? I dont think you are looking for a family car Joe :))

Last edited:
Back