Not many left...

tractorman

Only thinking about this on the way home via M50.
It was a novelty spotting another Impreza on the roads. You really dont see them everyday, and I do roughly 1000km per week.
Same goes for some other nice machines. Seems like everybody is driving A4s, 520, hyundai or Like my daily octavia.
Something really cool nowadays going around in something a bit left field and not blending in with the rest.

Everyday.... Jesus im in Limerick and honestly if i see an impreza once a month its good going!

Yup agree bloody rare to see another and I'm in mine every day

It's a sea of grey audis Hyundai's misery [emoji52]

Only one thing to do Alan start dailying the Lichfeild [emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

100% Alan. not traveling as much as use to. was a time see a few a week now very seldom just keep seeing the same ones around me regularly couple of n/a and one wrx in sliver. But do get a few folks creeping on me the odd time and trying to push up the road there ain't much on road that can equal the left field machine especially yours [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only thinking about this on the way home via M50.
It was a novelty spotting another Impreza on the roads. You really dont see them everyday, and I do roughly 1000km per week.
Same goes for some other nice machines. Seems like everybody is driving A4s, 520, hyundai or Like my daily octavia.
Something really cool nowadays going around in something a bit left field and not blending in with the rest.

Totally agree Alan, I remember going to an isdc drive in Dublin last year with dontommy and Nigel in convoy and I felt like a celebrity because people were staring and waving at us as we passed , now it could also have beens nigels anti lag but the Scooby rumble is a rare thing nowadays????

Very true lads. And true for Martin, very seldom see a WRX/STI down here.
Newcastle West / Abbeyfeale used to be covered in GT Starlets, Glanzas, SIR & VTI Civics and a good few Type R with them, there was also at few Skylines and AE86.
Cousin of mine had 3 AE86 there for a while.
It used be like a VTEC meet in Abbeyfeale every weekend, in a small town you could have seen 10/11 EKs parked up at the shop.
See nothing now, hardly anything worth noting, VAG everywhere lol

Insurance & petrol prices killed it. And the tax system in 08.
Plus an awful lot of lads moving to OZ.

Shame really...

One of the reasons I bought the Foz as a daily driver. I could have gotten a 5 series or A4 but I just didn’t want to drive a bland car every day, sure it’s thirsty and the tax is high and the insurance can be a pain but it’s got loads of character, makes me smile every day and gets looks everywhere it goes.

The recession killed off a lot of them and VRT is now too high for anything but top end investment grade stuff to be brought in. Values on other stuff is rising quickly so a lot of owners are keeping them locked up which is a pity. Life’s too short not to drive a car that you love

like yourself Alan, I'm doing serious mileage and very seldom do I come across something special .

seen a 2.5 sti and a foz sti last month and nothing else since .

pity really

I was on a coach in the U.K. last weekend and between doses I heard a scooby burble and a blobeye sti went by followed by a 2014MY sti. I’d say coincidence, saw an rs mrk3 as well. You’d want to be doing a lot of driving around Ireland to see same cars

Rarely see wrx or sti around Dublin.

One of the reasons I bought the Foz as a daily driver. I could have gotten a 5 series or A4 but I just didn’t want to drive a bland car every day, sure it’s thirsty and the tax is high and the insurance can be a pain but it’s got loads of character, makes me smile every day and gets looks everywhere it goes.

The recession killed off a lot of them and VRT is now too high for anything but top end investment grade stuff to be brought in. Values on other stuff is rising quickly so a lot of owners are keeping them locked up which is a pity. Life’s too short not to drive a car that you love

There should be an extra tax on 5 series and a4s etc cause they’re so boring, m5, s and r versions can be exempt

Yep non existent on the roads a few old foresters is all I see and I’m covering 1200klm a week . Agree lifes too short to look out the window and see something diesel and boring . I’ll always have something fun to drive.

Biggest problem i see is the the next car ?. Has to Be Something with performance, have 3seats in the back . No more that 800 to tax and not Loose 5k a year deprecation and newer than 2006

I suppose the other way of looking at isdc with all the events this year there will be plenty of Subarus hitting the roads

Have to say im seening a fair few like today ciaran wrx on aston quay (car sounds great by the way) hatch sti on ballyfermot road parked in garden on uk plates .silver sti in rathcool think it was silver it was dark and a legacy b4 all today

Yep non existent on the roads a few old foresters is all I see and I’m covering 1200klm a week . Agree lifes too short to look out the window and see something diesel and boring . I’ll always have something fun to drive.

Biggest problem i see is the the next car ?. Has to Be Something with performance, have 3seats in the back . No more that 800 to tax and not Loose 5k a year deprecation and newer than 2006

The mk3 rs is starting to look like decent value now imo. They’ve taken a massive hit in depreciation, I should know...

there’s plenty around (in the U.K.) and the hg issue is hardly helping sales. Tax is 750 and I fit the three kids in the back no problem when needed.

Edited to add, who knows where future prices are going and unlikely to hold its value as well as the mk2 as its not as limited but I think there is a reasonable chance they’ll do well from here

Last edited:
If things continue to go the way they are going with insurance/tax on performance cars the ISDC will be a classic car club in a few years as most of the scoobies in the club will be 15 years old or older

Focus rs is a Great looking car and 1 I’d like to own at some point . Audi rs3 too expensive , Golf r too bland , merc Cla amg Ment To be good but not for me . Not that many Rs cars for sale here secondhand , what are they at now 35k :dontknow: Between 26/33 sterling seem to be in the uk .

Subaru performance cars have being dead in Ireland since 2008 with the tax thing . There’s a few Sti hatches and there the last and 10 years old at this stage , so yes we will be a classic car club in a few years time and that’s a real shame as there still making great cars it’s just we will never get to own them :icon_sad:

Totally agree Alan, I remember going to an isdc drive in Dublin last year with dontommy and Nigel in convoy and I felt like a celebrity because people were staring and waving at us as we passed , now it could also have beens nigels anti lag but the Scooby rumble is a rare thing nowadays[emoji106]

Nigels anti lag is some crack watching all the heads turning when youre behind him is classic

And when we went to m50 from n7 and l heard a big bang and l was sure my gearbox fell off and l was ready to pull over when l saw the sparks from Nigel's exhaust. :icon_grin:

Back