Not many left...

And when we went to m50 from n7 and l heard a big bang and l was sure my gearbox fell off and l was ready to pull over when l saw the sparks from Nigel's exhaust. :icon_grin:

ha ha .me too, i thought my engine had sh*t itself when i first heard the bang

Fuel prices, insurance, economy, the Irish allergy to 2.5 tax, Subaru pulling their performance models from our market and so on definitely contributed to the decline.

I'd agree that the natural evolution of Subaru will be in to classic car style of ownership eventually. In Ireland at least. However, I reckon we'll see a few more burbles and twin scrolls pop up over the next couple of years as a boom comes back, but never in the number they were due to not being able to compete with the false economic PCP deals on performance hatches such as Golf R's etc.

on my lunch drive home (10 mins) i spotted

1 navy 06 forrester
2 silver 151 jeep (tribeca or the likes
3 silver 10+ leggy estate
4 usually a 04 blob passes every lunchtime ,but not today

and also got a double thumbs up from a young fella while in traffic .

so still a few flat four about navan :653:

see a good few down west...but mainly diesel Foresters and Outbacks. See the odd XV as well.
one thing I do notice is that you don't really get the scooby wave from them, only from drivers of the petrol turbos will you be most likely to get an acknowledgement.

White classic on lucan and blue sti
Do see the white one a lot never seen the blue one before...anyone here

And just now immaculate P1 pity lm too slow with my phone to take a photo. Older baldy man behind the wheel. Some shine (not of the head but the car) ����

Last edited:
Well as coming back from Kilkenny hadn't seen one impreza last 3 days and on m50 heading north a super clean 00MN REG white classic gold revs gave each other the nod I didn't see any isdc stickers but looked a well minded car even the kids were interested i was in the dirty blue blob I said it before nothing like seeing another on the road [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seen this on m50 today
d716e5a07be80fe7f13a793eae59503e.jpg

Seen that before

Stupid car 1.6 Diesel aren't they?

In Australia they shove the fa20 twinscroll into it much better

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Two nice looking hatchbacks in white and blue, both driven by females and sadly both diesels. White 09D and blue 10MH

Seen that before

Stupid car 1.6 Diesel aren't they?

In Australia they shove the fa20 twinscroll into it much better

Who cares? A Subaru is a Subaru. Diesel or not, turbo or not, I like them. The target demographic isn't all Impreza's. They do sell other models with other engines. I've sat in a XV and those Levorgs before and the cabin is very well designed and the looks are great on the outside.

see a good few down west...but mainly diesel Foresters and Outbacks. See the odd XV as well.

There's a XV in the hospital carpark nearest where the ambulances park just beside the barrier. Have a look, they seem to always get the same spot.

Last edited:
Who cares? A Subaru is a Subaru. Diesel or not, turbo or not, I like them. The target demographic isn't all Impreza's. They do sell other models with other engines. I've sat in an XV before and the cabin is very well designed and the looks are great on the outside.
Me

Never liked deizel it's the devil's fuel

Congratulation on sitting in a XV

That's a jacked up impreza

There used to be an orange caredoc xv in clonmel before.
IMO what Ciaran is trying to say is that as usual we get sh*t engine spec compare to aus market

Subaru have finished with diesel.

So no more from now on.

Thank fook.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Back