Sti type r wanted

Thanks for photo Tommy and the words of encouragement from you and the lads not to sell, [emoji16][emoji106],

Sorry project type r, thought about it and decided going to hold onto it, my apologies[emoji106]

That was some fright you gave us [emoji33][emoji33]

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Where you getting the rough shell idea from? Definitely don’t want that but I’ve probably had more imprezas than most on here so I know what I’m looking at.
I tried looking for the car you speak of but don’t see it for sale

Looks like he has it removed from the sale section, but it's a black V4 TypeR with no engine. Solid sills/arches etc. You said anything considered, but want less work than throwing an engine in to something.

I was just saying I'd consider picking up a clean shell like Joe's knowing I don't have to do anything to it other than fit an engine, rather than something that's running but might need body/chassis work on top of engine work, unless it had a rebuild with proof already done.

Looks like he has it removed from the sale section, but it's a black V4 TypeR with no engine. Solid sills/arches etc. You said anything considered, but want less work than throwing an engine in to something.

I was just saying I'd consider picking up a clean shell like Joe's knowing I don't have to do anything to it other than fit an engine, rather than something that's running but might need body/chassis work on top of engine work, unless it had a rebuild with proof already done.

I meant any version considered but preferably a v5/6
But I get where you coming from. Wonder does he still have it for sale

Last edited:
I think it is still for sale
As joe himself would say "everything is for sale"
Good luck with the hunt hard to find a clean one now ....

Your doing the right thing probably the best subaru i ever had was my type r ....raw as fook sorry i ever sold it lol

I think it is still for sale
As joe himself would say "everything is for sale"
Good luck with the hunt hard to find a clean one now ....

Your doing the right thing probably the best subaru i ever had was my type r ....raw as fook sorry i ever sold it lol

I know the way lad I’ve had 7 type r’s. Restored my last one from the ground up. Had a uk hawk sti for a while a year back and just couldn’t take to it like I did with my type r’s, still a great car but just can’t beat a classic

If its a good shell you want, you will travel a long way to find a better/more honest one than Joe's. Well worth a look.

Back