Wanted - low mileage Hawkeye spec c

Then again the acceleration from the twin scroll feels awesome...
haven’t driven one for years but drove a blob spec c up in Monaghan years ago

I've an EDM EJ257 Hawk STI... got a turbo back exhaust, K&N Panel filter, uprated fuel pump and one range cooler plugs...

After remap for our crap fuel here, it shows about 325bhp and 397lbs/ft... with 1 bar of boost by 2600rpm and max torque by 3400rpm @ 1.35 bar boost. It is very fast in the real world and in fact, like Tommy, I've driven a Spec C Hawk (mapped by the same mapper) and my 2.5 feels decidedly faster up to 5500rpm. From there till 6500rpm pretty similar and after that Spec C has the legs... that said, I would just change gear to be back in the 3500-5500 range with the 2.5 (who wants to rag a car to the red line all the time anyway - and especially not in the real world) and still feels faster anyway (probably because of the torque shove available in that range)... Either way, certainly not slower or less power in an EJ257 compared to a EJ207 Spec C. Of course, out of the box the Spec C engine is more reliable, but as per the very valid observation of Joe... The EJ257 can be made just as reliable and all down to what the total cost is - and today it seems the 2.5 is better value than the JDM 2.0.

The Spec C has a few nice suspension bits from the factory, but spend a few hundred on Whiteline stuff and a normal STI is just as good or better in that department too.

The only caveat is that the Spec C will be worth more in years to come (if in good condition and reasonable mileage).

Just up you offer to joe lol.....only joking
As the lads above said jdm twin scroll widetrack is the way to go
As far as i know the only difference in them is the suspension turrets up front are stronger lighter glass some body pannles are lighter oil coolers no boot carpet and the badge....i would rather have money in the pocket to upgrade to better oil cooler than the one that comes on spec c and do some good suspension mods and map it ...in the end you will probably have a faster better handling car than a standard spec c.....but if your trying to future proof and get a car that is worth more in the long run (good few years holding on to it to make up the difference) id say push the boat out and spend what you can afford as the limited edition cars in my opinion are only going up in value...couldn't believe the prices of spec c's in jap land ....

I've an EDM EJ257 Hawk STI... got a turbo back exhaust, K&N Panel filter, uprated fuel pump and one range cooler plugs...

After remap for our crap fuel here, it shows about 325bhp and 397lbs/ft... with 1 bar of boost by 2600rpm and max torque by 3400rpm @ 1.35 bar boost. It is very fast in the real world and in fact, like Tommy, I've driven a Spec C Hawk (mapped by the same mapper) and my 2.5 feels decidedly faster up to 5500rpm. From there till 6500rpm pretty similar and after that Spec C has the legs... that said, I would just change gear to be back in the 3500-5500 range with the 2.5 (who wants to rag a car to the red line all the time anyway - and especially not in the real world) and still feels faster anyway (probably because of the torque shove available in that range)... Either way, certainly not slower or less power in an EJ257 compared to a EJ207 Spec C. Of course, out of the box the Spec C engine is more reliable, but as per the very valid observation of Joe... The EJ257 can be made just as reliable and all down to what the total cost is - and today it seems the 2.5 is better value than the JDM 2.0.

The Spec C has a few nice suspension bits from the factory, but spend a few hundred on Whiteline stuff and a normal STI is just as good or better in that department too.

The only caveat is that the Spec C will be worth more in years to come (if in good condition and reasonable mileage).

I'd agree with the above too. Twin scroll and 2.5 is a really nice combination for real life driving. M50 overtaking and not dropping gears and the torque takes a bit of getting used to. Short shifting is the best option to land in the torque band of the next gear. I can rev mine out to 8250rpm but get far better performance if I shift at 6750rpm.
Spec C will give you a more Raw experience on backroads though. Great car out of the box, not many subarus have not had some decent modifications done by now.

Back