Wanted - low mileage Hawkeye spec c

Bad News for you Joe .....

Tayto And King the same Crisp [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

He will never look at them the same way. Now just tell him that bugs and hawks are the same inside the package and he will commit suicide :roll:

He will never look at them the same way. Now just tell him that bugs and hawks are the same inside the package and he will commit suicide :roll:
Hehehe Ah he loves bugs don't say that [emoji14]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

does anyone know for sure if vat and/or duty is payable if you buy a car that was originally a Jdm car but subsequently registered in the uk I.e if you brought in a uk registered car that brought in from Japan previously.

Thanks Paul

If a dealer is selling it in the uk the duty and vat is paid . All it requires is buying it driving it over and paying the Vrt. It's the same as here won't get off the docks unless it's paid

do a history check if buying from uk dealers

milage and auction sheet reports from japan are easy found
dont take their word

yeah if all ready registered in UK vat must have been paid on import from Japan so you don't pay vat again

know a lad that bought an unregistered jap import in northern Ireland and he was stung for vrt and vat when registered down here . another 4 or 5 k at the time .

i figured you shoulsmt be hit if duty and vat was paid.elsewhere in the eu but revenue seem to make it up as they go here

defo cheaper getting a car thats already in ireland or uk comparwd to sourcing directly from what ive seen so far..

Having looked at all the figures and prices and while I’m attached to jdm cars for the way they drive , I think the smart money wouldn’t pay 20/25 k for a jdm hawk but buy a 2006 hawk 2.5 for 10-12k drive it to Ali and get the engine sorted and future proofed for 4/5 k car standing you 14/16 euros nearly 10k less that a jdm equivalent ,

jdm cars are good but there not 10k better

It will become a right mess now when UK exits EU and we again are going to be on the receiving end.

Having looked at all the figures and prices and while I’m attached to jdm cars for the way they drive , I think the smart money wouldn’t pay 20/25 k for a jdm hawk but buy a 2006 hawk 2.5 for 10-12k drive it to Ali and get the engine sorted and future proofed for 4/5 k car standing you 14/16 euros nearly 10k less that a jdm equivalent ,

been thinking along the same lines too

What would the tax be on a 2.5 joe

1070 v 710 which is only 360 euros a year more you keep the car 4 years. It’s only 1440 euros more so your still saving 8560 euros

Had the same chat the other day it doesn't make sense to get a fresh import in for the money you pay as good as they are. As joe says they're not 10k better

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Kinda funny looking back now. When I eventually sold my hatch sti one of the reasons for not keeping was the engine was going strong so didn’t seem to make sense spending money to mod it

It would be great to get a hawk or hatch where the engine had gone to start from scratch and have more budget to spend sorting engine and setup. Someone on here bought a hatch with engine gone a while back

Then again the acceleration from the twin scroll feels awesome...
haven’t driven one for years but drove a blob spec c up in Monaghan years ago

Last edited:
For pure driveability and raw feel the jdm wins every time they're phenomenal I've driven a good few of them and they feel better every time having said that as joe said there not that good to justify the extra money so it's a catch 22

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

going to throw the cat among the pigeons here but having driven an 07 spec c that a good friend had and to compare to the lowly edm 2.5 , genuinely there isn' enough to justify the extra outlay for the jdm , yes there is the cool factor of it been a spec c but a forged 2.5 isn't a car to be sniffed at .

I will ask the obvious question there. Are planing to add or replace the rs? And why hawk since you coming from hatch Paul?

I will ask the obvious question there. Are planing to add or replace the rs? And why hawk since you coming from hatch Paul?

no plans to sell the rs for now

ive had a blob wrx, 2 forester xts and the hatch sti, always.wanted.a.blobeye sti in blue with gold alloys. hawkeye is better looking again, i like the hatch and a spec c would be great but not tax is te killer...

Back