fitting widetrack extensions

enda

ok...so had planned to just tec 7 them on but I actually got a brand new set cheap which means it has the fittings etc but as my car is a non widetrack, I would need to drill holes in my arches.

Now my dilemma, my car is spotless 100% rust free and arches are like new and the last thing I want is for rust to develop in a few years because of this not being done at factory. I know I can prime and under seal around the holes but I have nightmares of rust forming... would I be better off just breaking off the clips and bonding on the arch trims ?

I plan on keeping the car long term as its spotless especially underneath

Do not drill the car , also I’d leave as is, as your car is mint, it’s never going to be a wide track with 5x100 Wheels . Your car is too good and clean to be messing with it like that , wouldn’t use tec7 either as it will pull paint if of you decide to remove after. They won’t line up with the rear bumper either from what I remember .

Just my view :thumbsup:

Do not drill the car , also I’d leave as is, as your car is mint, it’s never going to be a wide track with 5x100 Wheels . Your car is too good and clean to be messing with it like that , wouldn’t use tec7 either as it will pull paint if of you decide to remove after. They won’t line up with the rear bumper either from what I remember .

Just my view :thumbsup:

I get what your saying but I just love the little arches on the widetrack models, ive got a widetrack rear bumper aswell.

Ive seen lads in the states that used 3m tape, worse case Ill use the tape, if it doesn't stick ill just remove them

Im with joe on this dont drill the car
If i remember correctly the holes are square???? Maybe im wrong but i think i rember my new ones came with square push in clips..

If i remember correctly the holes are square???? Maybe im wrong but i think i rember my new ones came with square push in clips..

Ill have to check when they arrive ! unless someone wants a new set to swap ill cut the clips off

I'm with the lads too Enda

Leave it as is imo

Beautiful Car

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

go big or go home :049:

abw or leave as is imo

with preference on the latter

Nooooooo enda, your car is mint and looks perfect as is,

But don't mind me just old and lacking any balls to do some anything like that,

When you have the bumper go for it :thumbsup: the 3m tape might not hold it . You could use a selant not as strong sone thing that would come off Easier :thumbsup:

Break the clips anyways. Was an 04 sti on dd lately in the north had it done. Set of revs on it. [emoji108]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Back