Car Lost All Power

bang

ISDC Club Member
Bit of a problem lads. Just a few minutes ago I stopped at the traffic lights in neutral and all of a sudden the revs started jumping up and down for no reason and when I checked the clocks the engine light had come on.

When I put it into gear I had no power whatsoever, 20kmh was the fastest I could get!

So luckily I wasn't far from home so I crawled home.

When I got home I turned her off, waited a few minutes and tried to start it but it wouldn't.

So I left it for 20 minutes and the car started this time. The revs were fine but the engine light was still on.

I then just drove it down the road and back and all seems fine now.

But I am concerned about the engine light staying on.

Now a few days ago I noticed a whining noise coming from the engine and had a look and it appears to be one of the belts at the front of the engine. The noise is not that extreme its not massively noticeable inside the car anyway. I dont know if all this is related but would anyone have any ideas on what I just experienced?

Hopefully its not too expensive because I just renewed my insurance this month

get into Subaru garage to plug in and read the fault .or maybe one of the lads has a reader that could diagnose the issue

Thanks Tommy :thumbsup: Subaru Newlands is just down the road so I'll bring it down in the morning.

100% get it plugged in it will do away with guessing especially that you have engine light on very rare it means disaster in my experience keep us posted [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Cel on constant not flashing then should be ok but yea keep us updated [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Lets hope you nickname is not a bad omen :facepalm:
Sorry l had to. Fingers crossed its only something small :54:

Are u in dublin? I can come down and plugin an obd2 bluetooth with app on phone see what code will pop up

Sent from my E6833 using Tapatalk

Also have a Odb there should show a code that u could work off give u a idea if you need [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Working from 10 to 1 tomorrow beside newlands so if you like after 1 no problem

Sent from my E6833 using Tapatalk

Thanks lads. Have one sorted for the morning. So I'll let you's know how it goes

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

The fault is P0607 = FAULT CODE = ECU ISSUE

Which is some type of ecu issue. The car is running fine now and the engine light is off now.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Just an update on this issue as it went away along with the warning light and everything seemed fine until today.

When I started the car after work the engine light was back on. It was the first time it came on since Friday. I didnt experience the same issue with loss of power etc in fact I dont hear/see/feel an issue its just the light is back on.

I looked up the code on engine-codes.com and it appears that the issue is one of the following:

Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)
Engine Control Module (ECM) Harness power supply circuit is open or shorted
Engine Control Module (ECM) Programming

Read more: https://www.engine-codes.com/p0607_subaru.html

So is an ECM expensive to replace?

And if this is an ECU issue, would a mapping session cure my problem (please say it will :icon_grin:)??

Thanks!

Last edited:
*******ISSUE RESOLVED********

Forgot to update this thread.

It was indeed the battery, bought a new one and the light has not come on since and no loss of power issues.

Someone may find this thread useful in the future.

Back