Subaru emissions way off on nct

Almac

Hey guys having a small problem with my Impreza 1996 wrx v-limited.
It’s nevet had an nct but recently I resurrected it from storage got a few
bits done but it’s failing on emissions they’re off the scale as it’s a straight pipe
to the engine. Any ideas or info would be much appreciated.

As above, fail with no cat anyway

Mine was over last time, used dipetane and got it down to .02% & .01% low and high idle.

Might stuff. Ran it through for a week before hand.

fitting catted system and diptane seemed to help me across the line aswell , but DONT drive on boost as above

Oh yeah don't boost! Lol sorry forgot to mention that!
But it's a good help, mighty tack in fairness :thumbsup:

What is wrong with boosting with dipatene?

Driving on boost with dipatene can cause engine to run lean and prone to det faster.
I’d say install a cat
After that check you’re 02 sensor. -
If you have to put Dipatene in to pass nct it’s cover up the real issue.
Hope she goes through for ya with a cat [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dipetane in mine for NCT, output was worse for the test, waste of time in my experience.

Icetronix can modify the exhaust with a CAT down the exhaust. They cut a piece of exhaust out, weld 2 flanges to Exhaust, 2 to piece cut out and 2 to the new CAT. Slot it in for test. Remove afterwards. Pass everytime with flying colours.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Dipetane in mine for NCT, output was worse for the test, waste of time in my experience.

Icetronix can modify the exhaust with a CAT down the exhaust. They cut a piece of exhaust out, weld 2 flanges to Exhaust, 2 to piece cut out and 2 to the new CAT. Slot it in for test. Remove afterwards. Pass everytime with flying colours.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Thread 2 years old

Lad[emoji14]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Back