blue wrx ww 555 reg - sally gap

TurboPaul

Spotted this up in the snow last night up near sally gap. Looked nice. Anyone on here?

I was the muppet in the blue ford that should have been in my bed as well

which car is better in the snow . the rs or the sti:icon_grin:

Between the hatch sti and the focus, not sure yet. I’ve had winter Tires on both and there both pretty awesome. The sti had 18 inch rims compared to 19 so tthat would help aswell.

I’d say the sti is better but this could be due being more used to it and was comfortable pushing a lot more. The intelligent drive is better suited compared to normal mode in the rs too and the focus feels heavier as a car. Sti hatch softer suspension which helps, definitely felt more nimble in the snow

Need to get get more experience before saying for sure. I had the sti through the big snows so had loads of opportunities, not so much with the rs and because it’s newer I’m more worried about ending up in the ditch so have not really explored its limits yet

Twinster awd system feels different to Subaru symmetrical awd, my initial sense is Subaru may work better in the snow but again it could be I was just more used to it

Two other points
Clearance was higher with sti and the undertray of rs has been causing issues for some,hasn’t happened me yet but apparently they can scoop up the snow which ends up with them falling off.

Last edited:
Back