OBD I or II

Far as I know it's connecting the wires under the steering colum turn the ignition on. and counting the flashed long flash =10 short flash =1

Thanks lads, im guessing that wont work with a power fc ecu. Is it ok to just plug in the original ecu to get the codes?

Slight thread hijack. I'm having trouble with getting my airbag light off. I plugged it at work into a Subaru diagnostics machine. The machine hasn't been updated in at least 8+ years but it won't read the ECU to see if there is a fault code.

I contacted Cunningham Autopoint to book it because I'm annoyed and they said they want to know if its OBD2 or not as it changed in 03? If they are telling fibs maybe they don't want my business.

Try whatever Diagnostic machine thy have in work that is obd2 and has a airbag fault delete menu be my guess
air bags dont turn off on a basic obd fault reader etc.
need air bag clear one to work and see if reads your car after that
not sure if its dealer specific on Subarus as never had a airbag fault
was Your airbag changed under the replacement thing ?

Thanks lads, im guessing that wont work with a power fc ecu. Is it ok to just plug in the original ecu to get the codes?

No idea but at a guess You could plug it in to read the fault
but fault would have to log to ECU first and not sure if fitting old stock ECU and driving would be a good idea
so may not even log
is there no fault code reading on the menu of them
I never ran one
maybe someone else knows

Back