Horn working intermittently

Jarocki

Petrolheads
ISDC Club Member
Hey. On my Subaru legacy BP5 2006 estate the horn tends to work intermittently. It actually happened during the NCT and he failed me on it but when i brought him to the car it worked so he struck it off. Just notice it every so often. I'm not an angry driver so don't notice it much :icon_grin:. Any ideas what it might be. It feels like it may not be making a good connection while pushing in the steering wheel. Thanks.

Could be the spring or a bad earth . Check the horn itself up the front first make sure wires are on correctly and you can eve. If all looks good there you could run a live and earth to it and test that way make sure it works .

Or or else could be in the steering wheel .2 star ⭐️ Head screed at the back of the wheel keeping the center on , remove them and have a look at the wires . My bet is up front

Thanks Joe. Might give that a look at the weekend so. Where about are the horns located on the 2006 BP5 do you know? Thanks

Had the same - turn up to be loose wire at the back of the horn. What lm thinking is happening is that the horns being on a long brackets make them vibrate during driving and the wires loosen up with time

Not sure on the location but if you stand in front of the car and get someone to press the horn I’m sure you will narrows down the location quickly :icon_grin:

I tried going at the star head screws in the horn. One came off with a bit of effort. The second however no luck at all. Felt like it was welded on then it became threaded when i went at it with 2 hands. :facepalm:

Any tips to try and get this screw loose? I have tried allen key but too loose. Also tried flat head/hammer with no luck either to try and make a new groove. Didn't want to go too hard with it. Because the screw is about an inch in hard to get at.

Is the head gone or the threads gone ? If it’s the head cut a slot and use a flat head

:doh: It’s at the steering wheel you striped I thought it was the horn bracket up front . I’ll pm you my address cslk over I’ll sort it sone day :thumbsup:

Back